$500M investment fund for the NASL | The Boneyard

$500M investment fund for the NASL

Reaction Score
If US Soccer meets Rocco’s demands.

USSF needs to talk to him. If he wants to invest 500M in a lower division then you make it work so wehow.

Reaction Score
If he wants to invest $500M in a lower division then his family should have him declared legally incapable of managing his own affairs.

Reaction Score
If he wants to invest $500M in a lower division then his family should have him declared legally incapable of managing his own affairs.

Phil Anschutz burned more than that launching MLS.

He’s actually fronting 250M and the rest is coming from Ricardo Silva and a few others.

I wish them luck. But with MLS and USSF playing Judge and Jury I think they are kind of .

Reaction Score
Anschutz investment was also stupid, but at least he was investing in a top tier (for this country) league. He's also probably made back a good piece of it from the absurd franchise fees that the MLS has somehow been able to collect. Putting twice that amount (1/2 out of pocket and 1/2 he'll raise) into what will amount to a minor league is just insane.

Reaction Score
Anschutz investment was also stupid, but at least he was investing in a top tier (for this country) league. He's also probably made back a good piece of it from the absurd franchise fees that the MLS has somehow been able to collect. Putting twice that amount (1/2 out of pocket and 1/2 he'll raise) into what will amount to a minor league is just insane.

It’s possible. Anschutz spent his money on his passion. So the story goes, he fell in love with soccer in ‘94 or earlier. I think he would have spent twice as much if that was what it took.

I think Rocco is the same way. He just doesn’t agree with the framework MLS/USSF have made and he wants his own thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom