50% In, How Many Wins Do You Think Now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

50% In, How Many Wins Do You Think Now?

50% In, How Many Wins Do You Think Now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Yup, wonder that myself, but the center and tight ends are gone. For a run centered offense thats major.
Our tight ends were not great blockers last year either. There is no doubt we need some big blocking tight ends on roster for ground game to succeed. It also doesn't help that none of our wide receivers block well either. Running tight formations where half the players on the field can't throw a decent block is a plan that doesn't work.

Reaction Score
Our tight ends were not great blockers last year either. There is no doubt we need some big blocking tight ends on roster for ground game to succeed. It also doesn't help that none of our wide receivers block well either. Running tight formations where half the players on the field can't throw a decent block is a plan that doesn't work.
Need a big fullback back there. Forget the tight ends.

Reaction Score
I voted 2 because if I accept that there is no hope of a second win this season, what's the point of watching. Kinda of a crappy attitude, I know.
I e stopped watching and feel much better on Saturdays.

Reaction Score

Half the WRs look like they're 5'8", 170lbs. They're not blocking anyone. Donaldson is probably the most stout looking WR, but he's doing kick offs now.

Reaction Score
I love how folks say we will get 3 wins because we have UMass and ECU on the schedule. I am willing to bet they are both looking at us on their schedule and counting a win. Yes, they are bad but we are equally bad if not worse.

Reaction Score
I said 3 before the season began and I see no reason to change it. I do expect wins, like SubbaBub, against UMASS and the East Carolina Pirates. If the ECU game was in Greenville I'd have to reconsider, but as it is at a neutral site, which is about all the Rent will be come game day, I'll stick with the Huskies.

I expected marginal improvement this year and I believe I am seeing it. Will it be good enough to win 3 games? We'll see. Will it be good enough to satisfy the UConn brass that Randy has the ship turning around? I think so. I don't blame UConn fans for wanting the plug pulled on Coach Edsall after this year. Just don't believe that will happen regardless.

Hang in there Huskies fans. Season's over in six more weeks.

This game isn't won yet, but I think Coach Edsall has proved his point. The trend is in the right direction.

Reaction Score
So far the general consensus has pretty much held to form. After 11 games we have:

- 2 wins (a close one over FCS Wagner and a decisive win over UMass (who today just broke our total pts allowed record from last year).

- 3 relatively close losses at home against mediocre-to-bad FBS competition (Illinois is 6-5, Houston is 3-7, ECU is 4-7). We lost all 3 by a TD.

- 6 blowouts where we were never competitive from start to finish.

We're not as bad as last year, but we're not much better either. Today was very winnable and could/should have been our 3rd win if not for our inability to avoid bonehead mistakes whenever it matters. Frustrating that we were so close. Tough to learn how to win when you constantly lose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So far the general consensus has pretty much held to form. After 11 games we have:

- 2 wins (a close one over FCS Wagner and a decisive win over UMass (who today just broke our total pts allowed record from last year).

- 3 relatively close losses at home against mediocre-to-bad FBS competition (Illinois is 6-5, Houston is 3-7, ECU is 4-7). We lost all 3 by a TD.

- 6 blowouts where we were never competitive from start to finish.

We're not as bad as last year, but we're not that much better either. Today was very winnable and could/should have been our 3rd win if not for our inability to avoid bonehead mistakes when it matters. Frustrating that we were so close.

We were a consistent QB away from winning 5 games. I agree we are improved but it’s not showing in the win column.

Reaction Score
We were a consistent QB away from winning 5 games. I agree we are improved but it’s not showing in the win column.
I said it today at the game, and we've seen it all season long, a positive first drive and the team has a chance but flutters. This always affects the defense as well. If the opening offensive drive is negative or not positive it seems like the team is in for a world of hurt.

Reaction Score
The INT Jack Zergiotis threw in the end zone in the 3rd QTR? is in excusable. He had Jay Rose 6'5" against a guy much shorter than him. He threw the pass chest high for the average man. This goes back to his struggles from earlier in the season, no touch, no air under the ball. Give your taller receivers a chance to make a play. Just a horrible throw. The fumble sucked and the INT to end the game was another gut punch. I know he's a true Fr, but he should have learned and shown some improvement from day 1 to now. The TO's are brutal.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
They exceeded my expectations of 1 win great job boys!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom