5 years ago today… | The Boneyard

5 years ago today…

Reaction Score
UConn was coming off of back-to-back overtime wins over Columbia and Monmouth. They’ve come a long way since then…incredible turnaround in 5 years.

Adams leads UConn over Monmouth 84-81 in overtime

HARTFORD, Conn. -- UConn's Jalen Adams says his team is learning how to finish.

Adams scored 31 points, including a floater in the lane in overtime that helped UConn to an 84-81 come-from-behind win on Saturday over Monmouth, the Huskies' second consecutive overtime win.

Adams shot gave UConn an 81-80 lead with 32 seconds left in extra time. Monmouth's Micah Seaborn then missed a 3-pointer from the right baseline and Christian Vital hit three foul shots down the stretch to secure the win.

The Huskies were coming off a 77-73 overtime victory Wednesday over Columbia.

Reaction Score
Headline and first sentence says all you need to know about that team.

Oof… how far we’ve come though. Patience!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
UConn was coming off of back-to-back overtime wins over Columbia and Monmouth. They’ve come a long way since then…incredible turnaround in 5 years.

Adams scored 31 points, including a floater in the lane in overtime that helped UConn to an 84-81 come-from-behind win on Saturday over Monmouth, the Huskies' second consecutive overtime win.

Adams shot gave UConn an 81-80 lead with 32 seconds left in extra time. Monmouth's Micah Seaborn then missed a 3-pointer from the right baseline and Christian Vital hit three foul shots down the stretch to secure the win.

Syracuse loses that game

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Wasn't this the year we got buried by Wichita State and Nova at the XL? One of the worst CBB years of my life.

Reaction Score

Uconn, a perennial basketball power with back to back wins over Columbia and Monmouth by a combined 7 points is a sad, sad reminder of just how far this program had fallen.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
And 5 years ago right before Christmas we'd lose to Auburn by 25. I was in Auburn at the time. I'm glad that's no longer the state of the program.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The past is the past. But thanks for the memories.
9 years and 3 days ago UConn beats Florida for its 8th straight win and defeats UMaine for win 9 in a row nine years ago tomorrow to go 9-0.

Reaction Score
This is mean, and he was completely set up for failure, but I think Antoine Anderson might have been our most miserable player to watch ever

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wasn’t that Monmouth team w/ Seaborn really good? Then got upset in their conference tournament, should’ve been an at-large, then the committee took Syracuse or someone?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score

Syracuse is still losing those games. At least we toughed them out and won.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t that Monmouth team w/ Seaborn really good? Then got upset in their conference tournament, should’ve been an at-large, then the committee took Syracuse or someone?
Not 5 years ago (17-18). That was 2016. 2018 when they took us to OT they were 7-11 in conference.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Wasn't the a W in Anderson's name somewhere? Believe it was Antwoine. Always looked misspelled in the box score.

Reaction Score
Was that the Wagner and Northeastern year or was that a different year?

Amazing that we've come from this to gnashing teeth over a mediocre half against a plausible NCAA Tournament team in a game we won comfortably.

Reaction Score
This is mean, and he was completely set up for failure, but I think Antoine Anderson might have been our most miserable player to watch ever
A little off topic, but I was a senior that year in the Sport Management program and Anderson was in my sport based youth development class. Our professor had Mark Daigneault (now head coach of the Thunder) in as a guest speaker and in walks Antwoine about 15 minutes after the start of class. Now, he could've had a valid excuse but I will always remember Daigneault stopping the speech he was giving to ask him who he was that was late and Antwoine said he was on the basketball team. "Well you'd never play for me" was Daigneault's direct response, citing his tardiness, and Antwoine seemed less than amused. Mostly a nothing story but it always stuck with me, especially given Mark's subsequent rise to the highest level of his profession....

Reaction Score
A little off topic, but I was a senior that year in the Sport Management program and Anderson was in my sport based youth development class. Our professor had Mark Daigneault (now head coach of the Thunder) in as a guest speaker and in walks Antwoine about 15 minutes after the start of class. Now, he could've had a valid excuse but I will always remember Daigneault stopping the speech he was giving to ask him who he was that was late and Antwoine said he was on the basketball team. "Well you'd never play for me" was Daigneault's direct response, citing his tardiness, and Antwoine seemed less than amused. Mostly a nothing story but it always stuck with me, especially given Mark's subsequent rise to the highest level of his profession....

I love Mark.

When the times comes after Hurley wins us a few championships and decides he is up for another challenge I hope Mark is our first call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom