5 UConn Games on ESPN Classic | The Boneyard

5 UConn Games on ESPN Classic

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Glad some games are on but these games aren't close to Geno's best wins.

Reaction Score
Glad some games are on but these games aren't close to Geno's best wins.
Couldn’t agree more. Every season has had at least a few singular matchups. And not by a long shot all for NCs. Regular season encounters in odd places could produce extraordinary performances. Freshman Maya Moore makes a statement in Hartford against a cocky Syracuse squad in her second (?) matchup against Q. Or sophomore D silencing over 24,000 at Thompson-Bolling Arena. Or the night we first played at Cameron or Chapel Hill. Or any game with family and sibs and former players watching Geno gaze at the game he loves. The link to uconnhuskygames is like having an extra shelf of good books in the room. As Bonnie Raitt says : “We’re growing old together.”

Reaction Score
ESPN is only going to air games they own the rights to. Sure we'd love to see older games but ESPN isn't going to buy the rights to games from years ago just for one day.

Reaction Score
Damn Comcast just eliminated ESPN Classic from its lineup. The only reason to still use Comcast is SNY.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Couldn’t agree more. Every season has had at least a few singular matchups. And not by a long shot all for NCs. Regular season encounters in odd places could produce extraordinary performances. Freshman Maya Moore makes a statement in Hartford against a cocky Syracuse squad in her second (?) matchup against Q. Or sophomore D silencing over 24,000 at Thompson-Bolling Arena. Or the night we first played at Cameron or Chapel Hill. Or any game with family and sibs and former players watching Geno gaze at the game he loves. The link to uconnhuskygames is like having an extra shelf of good books in the room. As Bonnie Raitt says : “We’re growing old together.”
Preach Blue. I'm standing next to you on that soapbox.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Same with Spectrum
I don't know. Here in NYC I still get ESPN Classic. Along with SNY, ESPNU, 3 Fox Digital's, CBSSN, 7 PAC12's, 3 Big10HD, SECHD, FS1 and FS2. I ain't givin' up nar a one.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't know. Here in NYC I still get ESPN Classic. Along with SNY, ESPNU, 3 Fox Digital's, CBSSN, 7 PAC12's, 3 Big10HD, SECHD, FS1 and FS2. I ain't givin' up nar a one.

I am also in NYC. Are you paying extra? From your list, I get everything you say except the PAC12 channels. I thought I had been getting ESPN Classic but since I did not try it for years probably, I don't know if they changed service on me.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I am also in NYC. Are you paying extra? From your list, I get everything you say except the PAC12 channels. I thought I had been getting ESPN Classic but since I did not try it for years probably, I don't know if they changed service on me.
okay-ya-got-5a3975.jpg

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Nice to have the games available but the first one (ND/UConn Big East Championship game) had terrible video quality.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno at the half of last year's SC game: "The guy coaching Lou tonight is doing a horrible job!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom