#5 South Carolina @ #10 Kentucky - 1/10/21 | The Boneyard

#5 South Carolina @ #10 Kentucky - 1/10/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Well...I will admit when I am wrong. This South Carolina team is not better than last years. I am not even sure they are No. 1 at this point....in fact...I will say they are not.

I agree with you that they have the right to put up whatever they want. But for some reason, it bothers me. I think because, to me, it sorta implies that they were the best team in 2020. In my mind, Oregon was just as good and certainly could have beaten them had their been an NCAA tournament. The reality is that there was no national champ last year... and that saddens me.

How is this game being played after reports SC had to stop on the 7th? Was the problem Georgia?

False positive. They have all had 3 negative tests since.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
How does Kentucky rebound after the Texas A&M game?

Reaction Score
I hope Matthew Mitchell is doing well. I'm sure he is enjoying this game so far.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Sit, stand, kneel. Just shut up and play ball.

There. Off soapbox now.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
So...with this game being closer than anticipated at 24-22 midway thru the 2nd, maybe our SEC brethren are right, the SEC is deeper than we thought, they just aren't as elite as we thought....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Howard with 13 of KEN’s 24 pts. At least she’s not off to a slow start.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
2 thoughts come to my mind if Kentucky wins this game:
1. Will Dawn not want any more of her games on ESPN?
2. Will Kentucky hoist a banner celebrating beating the #1 Unanimous 2020 Team"?
.... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Kentucky with a 41-32 lead at half

delighted.gif

Reaction Score
I know this has been said a million times but, Ty Harris directing traffic and Kiki HH being a dual threat on offensive and defense made this SC team look way better than they do now. The sophomores (Boston, Cooke, Beal) were able to be complimentary players and feed off their senior leadership. Now it’s hard for them to initiate that kind of play without them. The incoming players for next year will change all that.

Reaction Score
I know this has been said a million times but, Ty Harris directing traffic and Kiki HH being a dual threat on offensive and defense made this SC team look way better than they do now. The sophomores (Boston, Cooke, Beal) were able to be complimentary players and feed off their senior leadership. Now it’s hard for them to initiate that kind of play without them. The incoming players for next year will change all that.

The two best players on the team from last year left. I pointed out this would be a problem.

Too little progress from the Sophomores, unbalanced scoring, diminished depth.

I've thought for awhile that this team would be just another team in the SEC scrum. This half isn't changing that view.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
You lost me on your logic. Boston, Cooke and Beal were as highly rated as next year's class and will have 2 years experience so that the incoming freshman would be role players. Are yo saying next year's freshman will be the lead threats?

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The two best players on the team from last year left. I pointed out this would be a problem.

Too little progress from the Sophomores, unbalanced scoring, diminished depth.

I've thought for awhile that this team would be just another team in the SEC scrum. This half isn't changing that view.
Some of your fellow fans had a different take on things. I seem to recall quite a few predictions this year would be just as good or even better than last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom