OT: - 5 second food on the ground rule? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 5 second food on the ground rule?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Hand blow dryers spray your hands with fecal matter. Lovely. Paper towels are moderately more safe, but zh!t is everywhere in a public toilet. Hold it in, assuming your prostate likes you.
[/QUOTE
Stand at a urinal and look down. What's that puddle you are standing in?

Reaction Score
seen at a cookout recently. guy walks up to the grill, grabs one of those gigunda hotdogs, mishandles it, and it falls to the deck. without missing a beat, he picks it up, two fingers delicately, does a shaking move for a second or two, and says, to no one in particular, '5 second rule,' and walks off, dog on bun in hand.
among us bystanders, an animated discussion breaks out on this, news to me, topic. is this a rule, and if so, what are the parameters for it? is there a treatise about it?
As long as it is with in the 30 minute rule. I.E.if within 30 minutes he doesn't get deathly sick or die. He is good to go. If you drop it in a cow patch or a horse barn the rule timing may change just a bit. It may require tisues to wipe it off!! Rely on the 30 minute rule--it is the safest.

Reaction Score
If you can't control yourself better than that--find a pole/ My urologist's nurse gives lessons on proper care and directions. she has never had trouble with urinals.

Reaction Score
Hand blow dryers spray your hands with fecal matter. Lovely. Paper towels are moderately more safe, but zh!t is everywhere in a public toilet. Hold it in, assuming your prostate likes you.
I use those blow driers all the time and have yet to see fecal matter on my hands after it blowed..

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I WIN! I WIN! long ago, I pointed out to a fellow (fellee?) BY bark-at-the-moon member that 'it seems like no thread can be complete without some reference to a mens/ladies room.' what does eating food have anything to do with a restroom? gross. but I win, I win! so, what do I win, management? 10s and 20s would be nice. jes sayin...

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Kudos to CL82 and Bezzz - blow dryers leave significantly higher amounts on one's hands than paper towels.

And even if the blowers were cleaner or as clean as the paper towels, chances are good that if the exit door has to be pulled inward to open, one will often use one's hands on the handle and thereby re-infect.

While I'm at it, one should not buy liquid hand soap with anti-bacterial ingredients. These products are no more effective than regular soap at cleaning your hands, but they contribute to bacterial resistance.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

I like your post way more than my prostate likes me! :rolleyes:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
"In the Marines, They teach us not to piss on our hands." - Danny Roman and Omar, The Negotiator

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Don’t tell that to Jorge Posada...

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the time we were invited to Saturday night dinner at a (newish) neighbor's house. The hostess/chef ("Maria") was justifiably proud of her own inherited family recipe. We looked forward to enjoying what would prove to be a very nice meal.

After cocktails, appetizers and introductory chatter, "Maria" told us of the time they entertained (unnamed) but 'important', and toney, guests in a similar situation. On that night, after drinks and Hors d'Oeuvres, as her husband led the guests to the table, "Maria" went to the kitchen to place the pasta in the big, now boiling, pot near the long simmering sauce. Seeing sauce splashed on the stove at first it didn't seem unusual, but then she saw more sauce on the floor... and was puzzled... until she noticed the family's large dog nearby and looking sorta guilty. She then realized her pet also oddly resembling Rudolph the reindeer.

Alone in the kitchen, she made a decision...:eek:

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hah. Some of us can't reach the ground in 5 seconds so the rules are relaxed. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"In the Marines, They teach us not to piss on our hands." - Danny Roman and Omar, The Negotiator
Heard a local radio guy say something similar.

"Didn't your mother teach to wash your hands after you use the bathroom?"
"No, she taught me not to pee on my hands."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom