5+ Minute DePaul Highlight Package | The Boneyard

5+ Minute DePaul Highlight Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks, Java--great reminder of what a fine show our girls put on! Gabby's assists were phenomenal!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Have not seen this posted yet. Gotta love the highlights!

I could watch that over and over. Doing that against DePaul was nice, but I'd really like to see UConn turn in a similar performance against Notre Dame. If they could pull that off against the Irish, I'd get up and dance like Mr. Six: :D

Reaction Score
So how many times DID you wind up watching it, Carnac?

Reaction Score
LOL!! When they are good, they are really good!!!! Great video, thanks JavaMan.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So how many times DID you wind up watching it, Carnac?

Since I made that comment.....4 times. That 8 minute stretch is UConn basketball at its finest. I had never seen a UConn team do that before. It was a thing of beauty. You could set those 8 minutes to music (a symphony). I doubt you'll see any WCBB team play better over an 8 minute stretch than UConn did Thursday night. UConn began and ended the quarter with two turnovers. Between those "bookend" turnovers, UConn was darn near perfect. DePaul helped out BIG time by turning the ball over 11 times, thereby helping the Huskies keep their rhythm.

I believe Dangerfield was the only player that got into the game during those 8 minutes that did not score. I would love to see a run like that again Wednesday in South Bend. THAT would be an excellent way to begin the game. If UConn could put their foot on Notre Dame's neck to the tune of 37-6 after 10 minutes, I think Geno would find a way to keep it there, and not let ND get back in the game.

I also watched the Geno Auriemma Show again. He said something of note, that I didn't catch the first time I saw the show. He said: "Fans think they know our players, they don't. They only see them for 40 minutes during a game. They don't know what goes on in practice, They don't see them during the week, we do. We (the coaches) know what's going on with them". Well.....I guess we've been told. :eek:

My thoughts on Napheesa Collier - Through 6 games, Collier has been a gamer. Steady and dependable. She began the season with a game (and UConn career high) high of 28 points against Florida State. She followed that up with a 22 point effort against Dayton, and a 23 point night against Tennessee-Chattanooga. She poured in 18 points against DePaul.
Every game, it's next man up for the Huskies. Players are taking turns being the team's highs corer. Collier one night, Lou the next, the it's Kia. While others are hot/cold, or riding an offensive roller coaster, through it all, Collier has been steady.

She's good on defense, She's an excellent rebounder (she will jump right in the middle of a scrum/group to fight for a rebound), she moves on offense without the ball (how many time so far, has she received a pass going down the lane for a lay up?, She's great under the basket on offense. if she gets the ball underneath the basket, she either scores, or goes to the line. She very very seldom blows a bunny (a shot under the basket). Collier shares the honor with Williams (IMO) of being the best two UConn players with the ball under the basket on this year's team. Both are steady under the basket.

Collier is not a flashy or cocky player, she just goes about her work, getting the job done. She takes to coaching. Like Morgan Tuck, she seldom makes mental errors on the court. She's a great teammate too. Another great thing about Collier is that she's only a sophomore, meaning she'll be around for another two years. ;) She gets better everyday. OMG!! Can you imagine how much better she'll be next year? :eek: I'm elated that Napheesa Collier is on our team. :) Go Huskies. Go-fight-win. Cue in the UConn Alma mater here.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom