5 keys heading into spring practice (Jim Fuller) | The Boneyard

5 keys heading into spring practice (Jim Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No media until the spring game. Anyone on the boneyard have s drone. We have addiction to feed

Reaction Score
No media? Wow. Actually I'm not bothered by that. Sounds to me like some serious evaluations are going on. And this coaching staff has everybody focused.

Reaction Score
No media until the spring game. Anyone on the boneyard have s drone. We have addiction to feed

That's overkill.

Besides I heard the media would be allowed in after practice on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe that with all the selling that Diaco has engaged in, he'd shut the media out of Spring Practice.

Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe that with all the selling that Diaco has engaged in, he'd shut the media out of Spring Practice.

Really? Why?

I think there's been enough drama and damage control already because of media exposure and they haven't taken a practice snap yet. Good call on Diaco's part if you ask me.

Reaction Score
From a Des article: http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79564914/

"Unlike in previous years — with the exception of the first 20 minutes on designated days — spring practices will be closed to the media. Interviews with Diaco and the players will be conducted afterward. While that may not be ideal for some, the job at hand is a big one. This program has won a total of 13 games in three years following an appearance in the Fiesta Bowl. So the thinking may be: The fewer distractions the better."

I have less of a problem w/ this approach w/ Spring Practices and 99% new staff than I would if they went into a complete lockdown in the summer.

Reaction Score
Really? Why?

I think there's been enough drama and damage control already because of media exposure and they haven't taken a practice snap yet. Good call on Diaco's part if you ask me.

Medic's post clarifies this a bit. I posted that thinking the media was off limits entirely. Meaning no coach or player interviews, etc.

Reaction Score
From a Des article: http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79564914/

" This program has won a total of 13 games in three years following an appearance in the Fiesta Bowl. So the thinking may be: The fewer distractions the better."

That's the hammer hitting the nail on the duck*ing head!

The prior regime lacked focus, and that's how you fail to get to a bowl with one of the best defenses in the country and get beat by Towson State.

Reaction Score
Medic's post clarifies this a bit. I posted that thinking the media was off limits entirely. Meaning no coach or player interviews, etc.

My guess is that Diaco has learned real quick that the Randy Edsall way with the media is probably a good way to go moving forward - meaning pretty tight control over media exposure - but I think it's safe to say that DIaco is much more polished than Edsall is/was at handling the media, so I'm not uncomfortable one bit.

DIaco is not going to cut off exposure for this program to the public.

Reaction Score
“@JohnFSilver: UConn FB spring begins today. Media in for first 20 minutes. No players available after, but Diaco will hold a press conference.”

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm conflicted. I have faith that Coach Diaco is doing what is right for the team, but ever since his hire I've been jonesing for information. This partial blackout may kill me since I was hoping spring practice would bring lots of info. I'm going to need a fresh rumor on the Conference Realignment page to distract me. Can someone make something up please.

Reaction Score
I'm conflicted. I have faith that Coach Diaco is doing what is right for the team, but ever since his hire I've been jonesing for information. This partial blackout may kill me since I was hoping spring practice would bring lots of info. I'm going to need a fresh rumor on the Conference Realignment page to distract me. Can someone make something up please.

The more I think about it (as a fan) the more I like HCBD's approach to the media.. He's getting the team's focus right.

And it all began today:

BiZFNXiIUAA51QY.jpg

Reaction Score
More than willing to take a small hit on access if it increases the chances of success for the team.

Reaction Score
My guess is that Diaco has learned real quick that the Randy Edsall way with the media is probably a good way to go moving forward - meaning pretty tight control over media exposure - but I think it's safe to say that DIaco is much more polished than Edsall is/was at handling the media, so I'm not uncomfortable one bit.

DIaco is not going to cut off exposure for this program to the public.

I had no problem when Edsall did it, and I have no problem that Diaco is doing it. I am sure all the posters that are fine with Coach Diaco's media stance were just as fine with it when Edsall did.

Reaction Score
The offensive line is once again the issue, as Fuller says. But I have to say that I feel much more confident that it will be at least adequate with Mike Foley running the show than I ever did with George DeLeone. After all, when Foley coached the oline we had 5 straight years of 1000 yard rushers (2 guys did it one year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom