OT: - OT: 5 Favorite Boxers? The ones you wanted to watch every fight | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: OT: 5 Favorite Boxers? The ones you wanted to watch every fight

Reaction Score
He turns 54 next month, goshdarn...

WORLDSTARHIPHOP on Twitter: "Mike Tyson still got it after all these years! @MikeTyson https://post original url/64MIVXXqKt" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Frazier lived or died with his left hook, if he couldn't connect with it he usually got clobbered.
With 4 losses in his career (2 to Ali and 2 to Foreman) Some would argue three, second Ali fight was questionable decision. The only one to "clobber" Frazier was Foreman.

Reaction Score
With 4 losses in his career (2 to Ali and 2 to Foreman) Some would argue three, second Ali fight was questionable decision. The only one to "clobber" Frazier was Foreman.
Maybe "clobber" was too strong a word for my meaning in losing a fight or even a string of rounds, not a fight. My point stands, if his left hook wasn't connecting, he had a much more difficult time. Also, after the first fight with Ali, which Frazier dominated, he was not the same. When he did lose to Foreman a couple years later, some said he was out of shape. To Ali's credit, he is the only man ever decked by a Frazier left hook, who would later beat him.

Reaction Score
I don't see him mentioned but I also want to give a shoutout to Larry Holmes. He came after Ali (like Kobe to Jordan), but he had the best left jab in boxing, even when Ali was boxing. It was his most effective weapon, offensively and defensively. It had speed and power keeping opponents at a distance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Frazier lived or died with his left hook, if he couldn't connect with it he usually got clobbered.
Here is a great breakdown of the legendary 3rd Ali-Frazier fight. It was life/death, and both men were never the same. Nice watch for those that never saw both men fight:

"We went to Manila as champions, Joe and I, and we came out as old men" -Muhammad Ali

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. Ali - The Greatest
2. Mike Tyson - fearsome; in prime no one hit harder
3. Roy Jones Jr - smoothest
4. Aaron Pryor - could have been the best
5. Azumah Nelson - battles with Jeff Fenech were legendary

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors