+47 at The Big House. Take it or Lay It? What Say You? | The Boneyard

+47 at The Big House. Take it or Lay It? What Say You?

Reaction Score
Wow - that is a lot of lumber. Can we score a few times or get stops? The Cuse game was a dose of reality that demonstrates a lot of work still needs to be done on both sides of the ball. Not a lot to be encouraged about. The key is seeing progress game over game through the season. Playing at the Big House is a tall ask for this young team. What we don't need to see is the team getting demoralized with continual beatdowns. Don't remember being this large a dawg in this past decade of futility. Take it or lay it? What say you?

Reaction Score
FWIW they didn’t beat Hawaii by 48 and I think we have a much stouter defense.

Won’t be close though.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think UConn will score a couple times, at least one TD.

My concern is that we have enough healthy (and decent) starters left by the time October 8 comes around for that stretch of possible winning games. And that those guys remain motivated to keep trying hard when they're getting the crap kicked out of them for a month straight. So I'm kind of hoping HCJM will pull many starters if/when the next three games get out of hand.

Reaction Score
Hard to imagine this won’t be anything short of a massacre but I think UConn will still play hard and could score one TD and maybe a 2nd at garbage time.

At least it’s a payday for the university.

Reaction Score
No way we keep it within 47 unless the offense scores on every drive.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll tell you who brought it to the Big House first time around, the UConn Marching Band. I hope this year's squad is ready.

Reaction Score
Our defense won’t stop the first or second string. Offense will punt against 1and 2 string. Figure by 4th quarter they have 3rd string. Which we may be able to slow down and score against. I figure 60-10.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This isn't a game to bet on (few are). We will face a far superior offensive line and defense line than what we've seen so far under this regime. I could easily see us getting shut out and our stopping them will be a rare feat. They however could very easily stop trying to do much once the game reaches 42-0.

Reaction Score
What will it hurt to spread it out and start slinging it? Will UConn lose the game or something? For that matter what could it hurt for the secondary to play pressure D during the next few games and learn something in the process? What, UConn might lose? Get the team the experience they will need for the second half of the schedule. And give Millen more snaps to get him ready too. The teaching moment is here.

Reaction Score
FWIW I believe Hawaii ended up closing around +51 so Vegas thinks slightly higher of the huskies.

Reaction Score
FWIW I believe Hawaii ended up closing around +51 so Vegas thinks slightly higher of the huskies.
Travel plays a part in that line. If they were mainland and only a 3 hour flight rather than 11 hours line would have been partly lower

Reaction Score
This isn't a game to bet on (few are). We will face a far superior offensive line and defense line than what we've seen so far under this regime. I could easily see us getting shut out and our stopping them will be a rare feat. They however could very easily stop trying to do much once the game reaches 42-0.
Agree. If UM really wants to cover, they do. If they do not care, who knows.

Reaction Score
McCarthy is out of the D-line rotation due to a calf injury. Another hit to the defense and trying to keep the score down.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
53-6 sounds reasonable

Michigan beat Colorado State by 44 and Hawaii by 46. The spread is in the right ballpark and, like everyone else has said, it's a coin flip bet.

The over/under is 58 and the over is probably the way to go there, especially if you can tease it down a bit.

Reaction Score
FWIW they didn’t beat Hawaii by 48 and I think we have a much stouter defense.

Won’t be close though.
I think there is a very good chance UConn beats the spread. I don’t think it will be nearly as bad as LSU putting up 44 points on Southern to start the 2nd quarter. Very possible that Uconn is playing against 3rd stringers in the 2nd half, and Zion plays well and shows his wheels. If I know Mora he’ll draw up some run and option plays for the kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom