40% Conference Games complete-Where do they project? | The Boneyard

40% Conference Games complete-Where do they project?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Upon assessing @Plebe Top 25 overview, I was evaluating the standings of the P5 and selected others to see how everything was shaping up. Some conferences are lining up accordingly and some are not. Some teams have played the tough part early and some have played the conference cupcakes. Here's my view sorted by the Massey Conference rank:
PAC12-Oregon, Stanford are the clear top 2. OSU and ASU are the clear next two with Utah still a bit unknown as they played the aforementioned cupcakes while losing to ASU at home. Utah is NCAA worthy but top 25? Not sure. Cal is #6. After that, USC? UCLA? What we do know is Colorado is the worst...
ACC-ND, Louisville are the top 2. Then Syracuse. What you say, what about NC State. Well, Wes has coached admirably but their schedule has been soft (#51), they played the cupcakes of the ACC and given the unbalanced schedule still have WF-2, UNC-2, but haven't played ND, @Louisville, @FSU or @Syracuse and with the injuries he has, I think this is a 4 loss team.
After NC St is FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech. What we do know is WF is the worst despite Duke's worst effort to be 0-5.
Big12-Baylor is the clear class, Texas has the most talent but I also like Iowa State. Ok St, WV, Kan St with either Texas Tech or Oklahoma battling for last...ouch
Big10-Rutgers (wow, I never thought I would type that!) with Iowa, Maryland, Mich St, Purdue, Nebraska (really coming on now), Indiana and Michigan all vying for NCAAs. I am surprised Tsipis and Wisc are still so bad but thankfully, Illinois owns the basement
SEC-how the mighty have fallen led by Tenn! MSU then SC then Missouri, Kentucky, Texas AM, Auburn, LSU, Georgia. Tenn is a conundrum. What are they? Talent is off the charts, cohesion and discipline are not. Talent alone could have them reach the semi's of the conference tournament. Arkansas is no cupcake but also is not a stellar opponent and they are at home during "Pat's Week". No way they lose but if they did....:D Thankfully Ole Miss is the permanent resident of the cellar
BigEast-Marquette, huge gap, DePaul, Butler and then who cares.
MAC-Central Mich, Ohio, Buffalo are very good top 3. Last year was no fluke. Keep an eye out.
AAC-UConn, UCF, Houston, Tulane are our best NCAA chances with most likely on 2 making it. Cin has won against the league cupcakes and are not what they appear. Temple, Wichita, SMU and Memphis have really dragged the conference ratings down. Can they please up their talent????

Let me know who I might have missed or if I irritated anyone with the only exception of Northwestern who I looked at but was not impressed.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I tend to view this as "The Usual Suspects" with only 7 top tier teams nationally (ND, Louisville, MS St, Baylor, OR, Stan & UConn) and everybody else. While it's certainly possible that any of these 7 teams can be knocked off in the Big Dance, chances are that the Elite 8 and FF will largely come out of this group of teams.

Reaction Score
Will Gonzaga recover from the loss to BYU to get into the top 15 by NCAA Selection Sunday?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Will Gonzaga recover from the loss to BYU to get into the top 15 by NCAA Selection Sunday?
Top 15 of? In their case, their placing in the field will very likely not be greatly affected by any of the polls. Even though the committee now looks at the polls, I think they are a minimal factor for the most part.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom