4 Years Ago Today (3/10/11) | The Boneyard

4 Years Ago Today (3/10/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
25 years ago, yet in some respects the first BET championship seems like only yesterday. I'd totally forgotten we stormed the court at "The World's Most Famous Arena." That was spine tingling all over again.

Reaction Score
alexd, thanks for that video, I'm going to watch the entire thing. Just graduated from HS that year, time flies like crazy.

Calhoun looks so damn young.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
25 years ago tomorrow....

So I watched the game again, and as much as I used to hate on Fudgy Packer, I couldn't believe how much better he was than the announcers we've living with now. Musberger not so much, but packer was pretty much on target. Was surprised he went the whole game without accusing Chris Smith of carrying on his crossover. He used to do that a lot.

But then with under a minute left, he went and reminded me how poorly prepared he often was. He had Chris Smith, John Bagley, Wes Matthews and John Garris all playing guard at the same high school. Chris, of course graduated from Kolbe and Garris was a center Bassick, while Bagley and Matthews did both go to the same high school (Harding) just not the one Smith did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom