4 Years, 353 days, and counting... | The Boneyard

4 Years, 353 days, and counting...

Reaction Score
189 games and counting...

March 12, 2013
Big East Tournament
Notre Dame over UConn 61-59

That's the last time the Huskies lost a game in regulation time. Since then, only two teams, Stanford and Mississippi State have beaten us and both needed overtime to do it. Both losses were by just two points, the same margin of victory Notre Dame enjoyed.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

March 12, 2013
Big East Tournament

That's the last time the Huskies lost a game in regulation time. Since then, only two teams, Stanford and Mississippi State have beaten us and both needed overtime to do it. Both losses were by just two points, the same margin of victory Notre Dame enjoyed.
I can see the last play of that game in my mind's eye. It started with an inbounds play by UConn near the ND basket. Kelly threw a pass to Stewie near the basket, but she was too far behind the backboard to shoot it from there. After a few passes, Skylar stole the ball (I think from Kelly). ND called a timeout. After the timeout, Skylar got the ball and UConn tried to foul her, but not make it so obvious that it would be called intentional. The refs refused to call the foul, so Skylar dribbled to the foul line area, looking like she was going to shoot to win the game. Instead, she passed to Natalie Achonwa, who laid it in.

If I'm not mistaken, UConn beat ND solidly in the NCAA tournament that year, probably in the semifinal round.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I can see the last play of that game in my mind's eye. It started with an inbounds play by UConn near the ND basket. Kelly threw a pass to Stewie near the basket, but she was too far behind the backboard to shoot it from there. After a few passes, Skylar stole the ball (I think from Kelly). ND called a timeout. After the timeout, Skylar got the ball and UConn tried to foul her, but not make it so obvious that it would be called intentional. The refs refused to call the foul, so Skylar dribbled to the foul line area, looking like she was going to shoot to win the game. Instead, she passed to Natalie Achonwa, who laid it in.

If I'm not mistaken, UConn beat ND solidly in the NCAA tournament that year, probably in the semifinal round.
Good memory. I can't remember what I had for dinner last night!

Reaction Score
Joe, I re-watched that last play just before posting, and your description nailed it. Diggins was fouled at least three times on that last drive but none were called. And you were right again as the Huskies beat the Irish by 18 in the NCAA semi-final (before beating Louisville by 33 in the final).

Reaction Score
Since that March 12 loss, UConn has played 7560 minutes of regulation basketball. Their record over that time is 187-0-2. They've outscored their opponents by 6962 points. Put another way, for almost 5 years, UConn has been outscoring its opponents during regulation play, by nearly a point a minute.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Funny thing, I can't remember what you had for dinner last night either. True story. :D
Not that I am paranoid, but did you ever know what I had for dinner last night? I am afraid that we may have the same brand of microwave that Ms Conway has. ;);)

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

March 12, 2013
Big East Tournament

Just curious, when is the last time UConn won in overtime?

Reaction Score
Just curious, when is the last time UConn won in overtime?
A good question. More than 10 years would be my ball park guess.

In the last ten years, they've lost 13 times and have won by less than 10 points 14 times. The other 351 games were won by double digits.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From a recent article on the USF v. UConn game:

“The Huskies are 23-0 all-time against USF in a series that dates back to the 2002-03 season. UConn’s overtime victory against the Bulls on December 1, 2004 marked the last time the Huskies won a game that went into extra time.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That was from the dark period of 2004-05, a season with 8 or 9 losses. I think that win prevented a 2-game losing streak. Our record of no consecutive losses in 25 years is still alive and well.

Reaction Score

March 12, 2013
Big East Tournament

Really interesting trivia. To say the Huskies haven't been dominate is crazy. Totally amazing!

Reaction Score
I'm sure glad Kia and Gabby are leaving.

Sheeeesh! They lost two games!:rolleyes::cool:
It's sad when you think how many games UConn might have lost if it hadn't been for those two. It's common knowledge that you learn more from a loss than a win. Think of how smart we'd be right now if only Kia, Gabby, Geno, et. al. hadn't been screwing everything up by winning. Heck, we might even be as good as ND or Baylor or one of those high flying P5 conference members.

Reaction Score
It's sad when you think how many games UConn might have lost if it hadn't been for those two. It's common knowledge that you learn more from a loss than a win. Think of how smart we'd be right now if only Kia, Gabby, Geno, et. al. hadn't been screwing everything up by winning. Heck, we might even be as good as ND or Baylor or one of those high flying P5 conference members.
Very good!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom