4 to 8 | The Boneyard

4 to 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm a 14 year season ticket holder with UVA, Detroit, Charlotte, Toronto, Birmingham, Tempe and South Bend away games under my belt.

My brother and I decided to buy 4 tickets back in the day so we could get in on "the ground floor" of UCONN Football. We never even dreamed of playing Michigan at home or beating Notre Dame in their home stadium.

We've suffered for three years as an already fragile fan base but I just doubled my investment in the UCONN Football program, from 4 tickets to 8.

Anyone else feeling a personal Diaco effect?

Reaction Score
Increasing from 10 to 12 this season. A true daily double for you, NICE!

Reaction Score
I've got new buyers lined up, for at least 6 more seats, but I screwed up my math, I thought that this year was the end of the 3 year cycle, so the seats would be up for grabs, but this is the last season of the cycle coming up, so previous season ticket holders have their seats held now until April 30, so I can't get any new seats near mine until at least then.

I renewed my seats. I wonder what other comparable programs and fan bases and ticket buying population policies are on waiting periods like that for renewals - is that kind of renewal window standard? I honestly don't know. I'd like to have my friends with seats near me, but I'm not giving up my seats to do it, and will have to wait and see what seats are available after April 30. It is what it is.

I thought I'd be able to buy up some more seats in my section yesterday, but no go. Got to wait until then to see what's available. I'm not a big enough fish either, I guess, to buck the process and get the seats I want right now. I tried!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've got new buyers lined up, for at least 6 more seats, but I screwed up my math, I thought that this year was the end of the 3 year cycle, so the seats would be up for grabs, but this is the last season of the cycle coming up, so previous season ticket holders have their seats held now until April 30, so I can't get any new seats near mine until at least then.

I renewed my seats. I wonder what other comparable programs and fan bases and ticket buying population policies are on waiting periods like that for renewals - is that kind of renewal window standard? I honestly don't know. I'd like to have my friends with seats near me, but I'm not giving up my seats to do it, and will have to wait and see what seats are available after April 30. It is what it is.

I thought I'd be able to buy up some more seats in my section yesterday, but no go. Got to wait until then to see what's available. I'm not a big enough fish either, I guess, to buck the process and get the seats I want right now. I tried!
Carl did you try calling the ticket office? They are very helpful. Not saying you'll get exactly what you want but they may be able to work with you and present options not available on the website.

Reaction Score
Carl did you try calling the ticket office? They are very helpful. Not saying you'll get exactly what you want but they may be able to work with you and present options not available on the website.
Agreed Mike. From my experience, they will work with you. Seats may not be in your row or directly behind/in front of you, but they will at the very least let you know where the closes possible available seats are to yours.

Reaction Score
Agreed Mike. From my experience, they will work with you. Seats may not be in your row or directly behind/in front of you, but they will at the very least let you know where the closes possible available seats are to yours.

Yup - I did, they were pretty straightforward and helpful. Don't want to give the wrong impression here. There are some seats available dispersed, singles and doubles - but not what I was looking for, I was looking for a block of at least 6 to go with mine, but I'll have to wait until after April 30 to see who may not have renewed yet, if I wanted to guarantee seats close to mine. I actually felt kind of bad b/c my friends were excited to get seats near mine, but it's entirely my fault, ticket office did nothing wrong. I am curious about the renewal grace period though - if it's similar to other programs, venues, etc. But that's not a big deal.

So - having read that and understand it - if those of you season ticket holders out there, want to keep your seats, better renew sooner than later!!! ;-)

Reaction Score
Yup - I did, they were pretty straightforward and helpful. Don't want to give the wrong impression here. There are some seats available dispersed, singles and doubles - but not what I was looking for, I was looking for a block of at least 6 to go with mine, but I'll have to wait until after April 30 to see who may not have renewed yet, if I wanted to guarantee seats close to mine. I actually felt kind of bad b/c my friends were excited to get seats near mine, but it's entirely my fault, ticket office did nothing wrong. I am curious about the renewal grace period though - if it's similar to other programs, venues, etc. But that's not a big deal.

So - having read that and understand it - if those of you season ticket holders out there, want to keep your seats, better renew sooner than later!!! ;-)
Those on the 3 year plan are guarranteed their seats for this year if reupped by April 30th.

Reaction Score
Those on the 3 year plan are guarranteed their seats for this year if reupped by April 30th.

Right. My mistake was that I thought, that the 3 year cycle was over already and seats would be up for grabs now.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Glad to hear most people's groups are expanding, but unfortunately my group may be going from 12 to 7. Ugh. Don't worry, I still have sometime to work on it!

Also, everyone I've ever dealt with at the ticket office has been great and they follow through with your requests more often than not.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I didn't even know this was a thing! I actually took seats a handful of rows back in a less desirable section just to get 8 together.

No doubt I should be a more knowledgeable season ticket holder but I'm the type to give the CC # and call it a day. Am I wrong in thinking that the UCONN ticket office owes me the courtesy of at least mentioning to me my full options before downgrading my seats while doubling my tickets?

EDIT: I'm travelling overseas and called the ticket office directly because I have limited internet during business hours at home. The woman who helped me was very nice but specifically told me I'd have to take lesser seats to have them all together. I was all gung ho to re-up on Day 1 but would have gladly waited until April 30th if need be.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I didn't even know this was a thing! I actually took seats a handful of rows back in a less desirable section just to get 8 together.

No doubt I should be a more knowledgeable season ticket holder but I'm the type to give the CC # and call it a day. Am I wrong in thinking that the UCONN ticket office owes me the courtesy of at least mentioning to me my full options before downgrading my seats while doubling my tickets?

EDIT: I'm travelling overseas and called the ticket office directly because I have limited internet during business hours at home. The woman who helped me was very nice but specifically told me I'd have to take lesser seats to have them all together. I was all gung ho to re-up on Day 1 but would have gladly waited until April 30th if need be.

I don't really understand this. It seems that you were told that you would be moving to a downgrade to get all the seats together right? There's nothing to be owed there as to courtesy or whatever. They did tell you. Is the gripe that you weren't told about the grace period for current cycle committed season ticket holders to renew until April 30? Did you ask?

When I called, I got the same info, you got - that to get the number of seats together, that I wanted, I'd be moving my own seats. I chose not to do that. The other option was to renew my own seats, which I did, and get 6 more, but they would be somewhere else entirely in the stadium. I did not get the 6 more yet, because we're going to wait and see what's available after April 30.

I asked if I could get seats near mine, and that's when I learned that the cycle wasn't over yet. I had thought it was. There are a lot of season ticket holders in my area, and apparently they are all on the cycle commitment, and the seats are reserved for them for renewal until April 30 based on their previous buying commitments.

The cycles and commitments, it's a smart thing to do, to get buyers committed for multiple years. The 2013 schedule and the home games we had were used as a motivator to get people to commit to multiple years a few years ago. That's why I thought the cycle was over, I thought that the Michigan game year which just ended, was the end of the last cycle, but I'm wrong, it goes one more year.

If I'm not mistaken, after this coming season, all seats in the stadium will be up for re-seating based on priority points, and all that stuff - but I could be wrong about that, because as I type this right now, I remember seeing 2 year commitments being advertised recently around the 2013 schedule, so I'm not sure if there is overlap there or not. Whatever. It's not a big deal, just business in moving tickets.

The only thing that is of interest to me, and it's purely personal, because it effects me and what I want to do, is the length of the grace period. On the surface, it seems to me that waiting until April 30 to give a renewal grace period is a LONG time. I think that if people want their seats, they should pay sooner than later. Just me, and I probably wouldn't feel strongly about this, if I wasn't in the position to be wanted to add seats to my own.

This I noted before though, I have no idea if that is a normal and customary thing, as I don't buy season tickets for any other venues and programs. It may just seem like a long time to me, because it effects what I thought I was going to be able to do this season.

SO::::

If you made it through that long winded mess - if you want to keep your seats, buy them sooner or later, because you might lose them to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom