4-1 | The Boneyard

4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
considering who we played and who we are this year. i'll take that 100% of the time. tough 1 2night but i'm seeing to many good signs to be upset. do we have issues? sure. but i see a lot of potential and learning going on in a different way then JC handled kids. i like it. i like KO on the trail and coaching wise. the 1 thing we need to see is how he develops players. jc was a master at getting kids from nothing to something. if daniels is any indication of how kids are developing in time under KO then we will be a great program under KO.

dd-needs 20 pounds or more of muscle and pizza. i hope we can get him in that size for next fall
nolan-i like him. hes raw but has great potential. lets see what KO does with him
evans- love him and twhat he brings this year for us, quality piece all around
boat and bazz are going to have great games and tough games. we will live and die by them so they will get worn out at times and come thru at others.
omar - is coming along nicely. took some time adjusting to college speed of the game but u can see him developing. again he and dd will be our way of telling how KO develops kids.
wolf- like how hes coming along, serviceable for sure. maybe we have something here in time?
gif-i just dont think his O will be anything more or less. he is just a glue guy it seems
olander- had a tuff 1 2night. we know what we are getting. hes a pf not center which will hurt him this year game/stats wise but u can't say hes hasn't developed from when he first got here. i look forward to watching him grow this and next year. quality piece home grown. i'll take him every time

- u cbs sports

let the late night CR bash continue!!!!!!!!!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
considering who we played and who we are this year. i'll take that 100% of the time. tough 1 2night but i'm seeing to many good signs to be upset. do we have issues? sure. but i see a lot of potential and learning going on in a different way then JC handled kids. i like it. i like KO on the trail and coaching wise. the 1 thing we need to see is how he develops players. jc was a master at getting kids from nothing to something. if daniels is any indication of how kids are developing in time under KO then we will be a great program under KO.

dd-needs 20 pounds or more of muscle and pizza. i hope we can get him in that size for next fall
nolan-i like him. hes raw but has great potential. lets see what KO does with him
evans- love him and twhat he brings this year for us, quality piece all around
boat and bazz are going to have great games and tough games. we will live and die by them so they will get worn out at times and come thru at others.
omar - is coming along nicely. took some time adjusting to college speed of the game but u can see him developing. again he and dd will be our way of telling how KO develops kids.
wolf- like how hes coming along, serviceable for sure. maybe we have something here in time?
gif-i just dont think his O will be anything more or less. he is just a glue guy it seems
olander- had a tuff 1 2night. we know what we are getting. hes a pf not center which will hurt him this year game/stats wise but u can't say hes hasn't developed from when he first got here. i look forward to watching him grow this and next year. quality piece home grown. i'll take him every time

-**** u cbs sports

let the late night CR bash continue!!!!!!!!!

2 weeks ago who of us would have picked us to be: Ranked 21, RPI #5, with a 4-1 record?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
New Mexico is a good, good team. The coach is a moron, but its a good team.

4-1 is very good. Recruiting a bit of a letdown so far, but they're playing hard. It's a very small team- it is what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
You have to remember that we weren't even favored in this game. 4-1 is a fantastic start considering what we have.

Reaction Score
last night was a bit of letdown since I thought they were going to pull it out after going up 2 on Boat's free throws, but even with the loss you have to be impressed that they fought back after going down in the 2nd half when they easily could've packed it in. I like what I'm seeing from team when coming out of timeouts, they seem to be really responding to KO. As for a couple of your points, I honestly expected a little bit more from Tyler, I thought this would be the year he would live up the talk of his ability to shoot but he hasn't even really be close on his jumpers. Also thought we would see a little bit more from Giffey offensively, he has let the the trigger fly on a couple of shots that he wouldn't have taken under JC, but he still needs to be more aggressive. I think he can be much more than a guy battling on the boards and chasing after loose balls and we're going to need him to be to take pressure off of Bazz & Boat. Omar seems to be getting the message and I like him attacking more then firing up from the outside, he might not get the respect of the refs right away but he should eventually start drawing fouls. I know some will get up in arms but he's alot like Dyson.

Reaction Score
New Mexico is a good, good team. The coach is a moron, but its a good team.

4-1 is very good. Recruiting a bit of a letdown so far, but they're playing hard. It's a very small team- it is what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yes, the Lobos are a Tournament team. Snell & Williams will be tough on teams all year.

Reaction Score
Every player (sans Evans and even he's new) is a underclassman, add a new coach and we are 4-1? Damn right I'll take it. No complaints from me. Hell the loss might just bring those young pups back to reality.

By the way, to me a loss in the Virgin Islands is the best place to get one and so is a victory for that matter.

Reaction Score
I did not watch the game live last night because I had another commitment. Instead I watched it this afternoon when I knew the outcome. I was hesitant to watch it at all after reading some of the threads on this board. I like the comments in this thread. I thought the team played another solid game. They don't have a ton of talent and have even less experience but I think that Kevin Ollie is getting a great effort from them and they are improving with each game. One of the threads makes no sense to me at all. It is entitled, "We are clueless. Is it coaching?" I will admit that when you are watching the game live the bad plays seem horrible and the good plays seem great but there is no excuse for running the team down like that. Bottom line, I think the team will be fine. They will struggle when they get to Big East play because they don't have the size to compete against some teams but if they continue to play hard and improve, I am OK with that. Kevin Ollie is doing an outstanding job IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom