3rd Best Sophomore this Season? | The Boneyard

3rd Best Sophomore this Season?

Who is the 3rd Best Sophomore this Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Out of interest who is the consensus 3rd best sophomore this season behind Jones and Boston.

I have listed alphabetically 8 players who are currently in the Top 20 in Win Shares for Sophomores (per Her Hoops Data subscription required).

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Out of interest who is the consensus 3rd best sophomore this season behind Jones and Boston.

I have listed alphabetically 8 sophomores who are currently in the Top 20 in Win Shares (per Her Hoops Data subscription required).
Owusu by a comfortable margin. Maryland is a lot better than anyone expected, especially considering Reese is out. Diamond Miller should be on this list too.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Boston isn't even 2nd for me.

Owusu is 2nd. 3rd.... well let's just say Jackson is missing. But I'd say Zia Cooke because SC is actually winning right now.

Reaction Score
Owusu by a comfortable margin. Maryland is a lot better than anyone expected, especially considering Reese is out. Diamond Miller should be on this list too.
Forgot about Diamond Miller. She has had a very solid season. Especially her last game against Minnesota.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It's a real shame that NC State's Jakia Brown-Turner isn't being considered as one of the nation's great sophomores. Her contributions get overshadowed by the play of Elissa Cunane and Kayla Jones but she hits crucial THREEs when the Wolfpack Women need them and is a monster on the boards.

Reaction Score
It's a real shame that NC State's Jakia Brown-Turner isn't being considered as one of the nation's great sophomores. Her contributions get overshadowed by the play of Elissa Cunane and Kayla Jones but she hits crucial THREEs when the Wolfpack Women need them and is a monster on the boards.
Maryland recruited JBT really hard but you guys won the recruiting battle. She'll be All-ACC when she is through. Maybe All America. I like Jada Boyd too.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Maryland recruited JBT really hard but you guys won the recruiting battle. She'll be All-ACC when she is through. Maybe All America. I like Jada Boyd too.
Boyd is probably the most athletic member of the Wolfpack Women. She definitely brings a lift to the team when in the game. NC State perhaps has too many weapons for any one player to dominate or be a Player of the Year because all 13 on the roster can hurt you when they are in the game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Can I please get some respect for my big girls Lee at Kansas State and Kitley of Va Tech. They Have both earned it.

Reaction Score
Boston isn't even 2nd for me.

Owusu is 2nd. 3rd.... well let's just say Jackson is missing. But I'd say Zia Cooke because SC is actually winning right now.
I
Idk if she's the third best. But I will admit. The fact that so many names come up. Means this class is very strong. Jakia is definitely up there too.

Reaction Score
Rickea Jackson is Missing.
I will be honest and say I intentionally left her off the list, even though I am aware she was 1 of only 5 Sophmores listed on the recently released ESPN Top 25 Players in Women's College Basketball 2020-21 version 2.0, as she didn't even make the Top 80 in Win Shares for Sophmores, I know stats aren't everything but they have to mean something. So I took the opportunity to list other players but I expected to see someone mention her.

Can I please get some respect for my big girls Lee at Kansas State and Kitley of Va Tech. They Have both earned it.

The other 10 players in the Top 20 Win Shares for Sophomores not in this poll are listed alphabetically below:
  • Lavendar Briggs
  • Jakia Brown-Turner
  • Jenson Edwards
  • Dyaisha Fair
  • Elizabeth Kitley
  • Quinesha Lockett
  • Esmery Martinez
  • Zya Nugent
  • Jacy Sheldon
  • Megan Walstad

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I will be honest and say I intentionally left her off the list, even though I am aware she was 1 of only 5 Sophmores listed on the recently released ESPN Top 25 Players in Women's College Basketball 2020-21 version 2.0, she didn't even make the Top 80 in Win Shares for Sophmores, I know stats aren't everything but they have to mean something. So I took the opportunity to list other players but I expected to see someone mention her.

The other 10 players in the Top 20 Win Shares for Sophomores not in this poll are listed alphabetically below:
  • Lavendar Briggs
  • Jakia Brown-Turner
  • Jenson Edwards
  • Dyaisha Fair
  • Elizabeth Kitley
  • Quinesha Lockett
  • Esmery Martinez
  • Zya Nugent
  • Jacy Sheldon
  • Megan Walstad
Can you briefly define win share and explain why you think this stat is the best comparison of players. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom