3pt Snipers (Kelly Graves Tweet) | The Boneyard

3pt Snipers (Kelly Graves Tweet)

Reaction Score

I came across this while researching something else, so it is a couple of weeks old.

Before I go digging into the stats anyone have any initial thoughts? Any comparable rosters (current or recent)?

Reaction Score
Those are great numbers, for sure! I think I would put Arkansas up there as a comparison, though the %s are lower: Destiny Slocum, Chelsea Dungee, Amber Ramirez, Jailyn Mason. All of whom are very likely to start.

Reaction Score
Games this season: Oregon celebrates making twelve 3’s but fails to discuss the other team shooting 70% from the field and winning by 25. Exactly who among Boley, Chavez, Mikesell & Shelley can get a stop on perimeter D? A folding chair can drop 30 on Boley. Ramirez? Nope. Shelley? Nope. Mikesell plays hard but her defensive fundamentals simply are missing. And the last time that Sabally or Prince played in a real game was 2+ years ago and they were in high school. Twitter.....the land of meaningless [and misleading] chatter.

Reaction Score
Twitter.....the land of meaningless [and misleading] chatter.
Located near the land of Forums......where everyone has their own opinions to downgrade the competition. All is good.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Games this season: Oregon celebrates making twelve 3’s but fails to discuss the other team shooting 70% from the field and winning by 25. Exactly who among Boley, Chavez, Mikesell & Shelley can get a stop on perimeter D? A folding chair can drop 30 on Boley. Ramirez? Nope. Shelley? Nope. Mikesell plays hard but her defensive fundamentals simply are missing. And the last time that Sabally or Prince played in a real game was 2+ years ago and they were in high school. Twitter.....the land of meaningless [and misleading] chatter.

Well, I'm guessing from this and previous posts that Oregon is not your favorite team, and then some. But stats (from last season) are stats. And since you don't seem to have watched Oregon play very much during 2019-20, I think it worth pointing out that most folks who have likely view both Shelley and Chavez as solid (at least) defensively. (I assume that "Ramirez" = Chavez, and personally think that she (Chavez, not Ramirez) is a lot better than solid; maybe Shelley as well.) Boley, not so much, and I'll take your word on Mikesell, but, in any case, I think it's a fair assumption that both won't be on the court at the same time for many minutes. And with 3 such challenged defenders on the perimeter during 2019-20 (really 4, since you've said about the same re Ionescu in an earlier post), the UO defense was rated 7th by Massey and somehow managed to hold opponents to 28% from 3. (All due to Minyon Moore, I suppose.)

Reaction Score
Live by the three, die by the three.

Ask Syracuse about that...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Live by the three, die by the three.

Ask Syracuse about that...

What Syracuse does is to shoot so early in the shot clock and feel that even if they miss, they can get O Boards and just try to speed you up. What OR does is much more disciplined. Of course, without Sabrina and Hebbard, the shots may not be as open as in the past. Still, They will be fun to watch except they are locked up behind the PAC12 Network walls

Reaction Score
Oregon will be an interesting team to watch. Mikesell is an excellent three point shooter but she can have cold streaks. She began the Big 10 season shooting 4 for 24 from three before coming around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom