39 Days, 39 Steps | The Boneyard

39 Days, 39 Steps

Reaction Score
No, it's not about the incredible Hitchcock movie. If I'm not mistaken, there are 39 days to Midnight Madness and the first formal practice. I offer these first random few steps for each player. If you can think of any others( out on a limb here) please list them in numerical order for a player or the team.

Step 1- Nika- Ok so there is a lot on you this year now, but that pull up jumper and finish on both sides of the rim are critical. Also, avoid the aggressive European type foul at all costs and show Ines the new Nika defense.

Step 2-Aaliyah- No more moving screens and less than impactful games. We need points, boards, blocks and great defense on a consistent basis. This is your year.

Step 3- Aubrey- You are going to be very important this year. Crazy deflections and steals, crazy junk baskets and hopefully some outside shooting with a decent percentage. Most of all, two or three dribble drive moves to both sides of the hoop and elevation in the strong finish and in your put backs.

Those are the first steps that come to mind. Any more?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ines

Step 1. Make sure you learn the quickest way to get to all the buildings where you are going to have classes. That campus can get confusing one wrong turn and you find yourself late for class.

Step 2. Have someone give you a ride or take an Uber to the Auriemma house -that place has been a sanctuary for many present and former UCONN players. Kathy will always be on your side when Coach is not and heaven in the form of baked cookies is literally minutes away. Those cookies always seen to arrive when you need them most and trust me you will need them.

Step 3. Sometime this Saturday probably someone is going to ask you if you want to go to the football game. Make sure you understand that they really don't mean it. Not that they don't mean it really, they want your company and want to make sure you are enjoying yourself , it just that they are not talking about the football that you know best, probably love and grew up watching.

Step 4. When things settle down ( i wish I could tell you when that will be) please know that there are many many UCONN fans (millions probably) that are so glad you are here and can't wait to enjoy this ride with you.

Boa sorte.

Reaction Score
Step 2-Aaliyah- No more moving screens and less than impactful games. We need points, boards, blocks and great defense on a consistent basis. This is your year.
@BBallF Absolutely no attack here just an opinion. Some times we expect too much, Aaliyah has been a gem for us to say the least.
I would challenge anyone to to watch a modern day game men or women and not constantly see moving screens.
I guess I'm getting old as I even remember when they called traveling or palming on the guards which is rampant now.
AE had a pretty good year and any step up would be great but her moving screens are the least of my worries. :)

Reaction Score
This is a good post and sums up expectations for these players. However, the expectations for Aubrey may be more than she physically can deliver. Let's remember that she recently had spinal surgery. Although this may have alleviated her pain, it may have minor impact on her range of movement. Spinal surgery is no small matter and afterwards, many people are never the same again. Just saying after having multiple experiences with this.

Reaction Score
Ines

Step 1. Make sure you learn the quickest way to get to all the buildings where you are going to have classes. That campus can get confusing one wrong turn and you find yourself late for class.

Step 2. Have someone give you a ride or take an Uber to the Auriemma house -that place has been a sanctuary for many present and former UCONN players. Kathy will always be on your side when Coach is not and heaven in the form of baked cookies is literally minutes away. Those cookies always seen to arrive when you need them most and trust me you will need them.

Step 3. Sometime this Saturday probably someone is going to ask you if you want to go to the football game. Make sure you understand that they really don't mean it. Not that they don't mean it really, they want your company and want to make sure you are enjoying yourself , it just that they are not talking about the football that you know best, probably love and grew up watching.

Step 4. When things settle down ( i wish I could tell you when that will be) please know that there are many many UCONN fans (millions probably) that are so glad you are here and can't wait to enjoy this ride with you.

Boa sorte.
Of ALL your posts, for more than 20 years (about), I like this one the most. Step 4. is GREAT.

Reaction Score
@BBallF Absolutely no attack here just an opinion. Some times we expect too much, Aaliyah has been a gem for us to say the least.
I would challenge anyone to to watch a modern day game men or women and not constantly see moving screens.
I guess I'm getting old as I even remember when they called traveling or palming on the guards which is rampant now.
AE had a pretty good year and any step up would be great but her moving screens are the least of my worries. :)
Thank you. Ms Edwards is one tough cookie, an important part of the UConn WBB puzzle. I am willing to accept a foul here and there to get the always determined play she give us. THANK you

Reaction Score
Thank you. Ms Edwards is one tough cookie, an important part of the UConn WBB puzzle. I am willing to accept a foul here and there to get the always determined play she give us. THANK you

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is a good post and sums up expectations for these players. However, the expectations for Aubrey may be more than she physically can deliver. Let's remember that she recently had spinal surgery. Although this may have alleviated her pain, it may have minor impact on her range of movement. Spinal surgery is no small matter and afterwards, many people are never the same again. Just saying after having multiple experiences with this.
Thank you VOD. An excellent observation. Only Aubrey knows how she feels at this point. As you say the pain is gone, but there’s no guarantee that Aubrey’s physical strength and range have or will return at any time this season. If it hasn’t, we hope it will and soon.

She’s been working with trainers since she was cleared by her doctors to begin physical training and rehabilitation. It’s not the same injury, but MLB pitchers that have the “Tommy John” surgery, do not usually return to their previous level of fitness or performance until the next season after they return to the active roster.

Here’s hoping Aubrey is able to find her previous level of fitness, strength and endurance before the holiday break.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom