35 Minutes for Sanogo | The Boneyard

35 Minutes for Sanogo

Reaction Score
It’s amazing what happens when you best player plays 35 minutes instead of his season average of 27.
Great staying out of high risk foul situations 25 feet from the basket. By playing 8 additional minutes above his average, Adama added 5.5 points at 0.6857 points per minutes in a 8 point win.

Danny, thanks for adjusting your rotations.
Regards, Chief

Reaction Score
Sanogo does need a breather occasionally. When he gets winded, he misses shots that are usually routine for him. The other element of this is that he played 35 minutes and was never in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
It’s amazing what happens when you best player plays 35 minutes instead of his season average of 27.
Great staying out of high risk foul situations 25 feet from the basket. By playing 8 additional minutes above his average, Adama added 5.5 points at 0.6857 points per minutes in a 8 point win.

Regards, Chief
Excellent point chief. Both he and Cole are irreplaceable on our team. He gets easy buckets and puts pressure on the other team to throw another guy at him. Sanogo reminds me a lot of Zach Randolph. The more he’s on the court better we are

Reaction Score
Excellent point chief. Both he and Cole are irreplaceable on our team. He gets easy buckets and puts pressure on the other team to throw another guy at him. Sanogo reminds me a lot of Zach Randolph. The more he’s on the court better we are
Adama, opens up so much for his teammates. He owns rebounds and scores points when he sets up shop down low. The other thing he does is physically wear his opponent down. He’s a young powerful dude filled with energy, just learning the game the last 6 years,

Agree, Coach Hurley’s best rotation is Adama on the court. Let’s not over think this.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

Regards, Chief
Wow, great use of advanced stats. We should just average out points per minute, find out who's on top and play those guys the most.
I'd make a great coach.

Reaction Score
Polley and Hawkins hitting their shots opened up the middle by making it harder for Marquette to sag three guys into the lane. Which in turn had the effect of helping keep AS out of foul trouble.

To be honest this was more about outside shooting than Hurley changing the rotations.

Reaction Score
He is leading the Big East in field goal percentage in conference games.
This is not true. He’s 18th in eFG% in the Big East and lower in raw FG%, and his percentages are even down from last year. He is missing more bunnies this year, IMO mostly because he favors shots over his shoulder rather than going up/through the defender. Room for growth there, but he’ll learn.

Reaction Score
Polley and Hawkins hitting their shots opened up the middle by making it harder for Marquette to sag three guys into the lane. Which in turn had the effect of helping keep AS out of foul trouble.

To be honest this was more about outside shooting than Hurley changing the rotations.
Agree, the shooting and post play complement one another. Without Sanogo we have no offensive post play.
As far as rotations, giving Hawkins some decent runs in that game helps him get in the flow. And playing Adama 8 minutes above average is huge for a coach wedded to rotations rather than hot hands.
Eight (8) minutes us 20% more of the game (8/40) being with your best player.
Regards, Chief

Reaction Score
Adama needs to finish better.
Quite frankly, it depends on his zip code. Down on the blocks or 10 feet away by the Big East logo. Chief would love to see a chart of his made/miss shots.
I don’t think it’s so much the jump hook shoulder form but the distance. Unless you are 7-2 Kareem Abdul Jabbar - you need to keep it within 5-6 feet. He’s also getting more doubles this year with James leaving.

Reaction Score
Wow, great use of advanced stats. We should just average out points per minute, find out who's on top and play those guys the most.
I'd make a great coach.
I detect the sarcasm but sometines “advance stats” removes the emotion and at least makes a case study point.
I do agree a good experienced coach never wants to remove the gut feel either. But, if that’s all he is relying on in isolation, he’s not using all the tools available to make thoughtful decisions.
Of course, Jim Calhoun had Blaney who’s did these analytical calculations In his head and Jim always liked an updated stat sheet himself and he had George too. That combined was a form of “Advance Stats” - and a pretty darn good one. LOL

Reaction Score
Sanogo does need a breather occasionally. When he gets winded, he misses shots that are usually routine for him. The other element of this is that he played 35 minutes and was never in foul trouble.
Agreed. He seems to revert to setting up too far outside and his shooting percentage falls off a cliff when he gets winded. I think the right number may be somewhere in between (in the 30-32 min range), at least for now.

Reaction Score

If both Polley and Hawkins can just hit 3 3’s a game we would be good

Reaction Score
I think that Akok being in a boot and Whaley being in foul trouble early had a lot more to do with it than Danny making adjustments based on any stats.

Reaction Score
I think that Akok being in a boot and Whaley being in foul trouble early had a lot more to do with it than Danny making adjustments based on any stats.
We need scoring. A point a minute doesn’t cut it.

Reaction Score
Agreed. He seems to revert to setting up too far outside and his shooting percentage falls off a cliff when he gets winded. I think the right number may be somewhere in between (in the 30-32 min range), at least for now.
32 to 35

Reaction Score
32 to 35
i'm all for it. these are teenagers that play 2 maybe 3 games a week over the course of 30 games. in the nba there are guys in their late 30s/early 40s averaging 30+mpg that have to play back to backs and 3 games in 4 days over the course of 82 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom