32% from the field, 21% from the arc. | The Boneyard

32% from the field, 21% from the arc.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If you want to define basketball talent as “scoring the basketball” then we don’t have much talent.

Reaction Score
I am fascinated by how bad we are at 2 pt field goals. We have to be close to historically bad. But Hurley's offense is a five out so we essentially play 3 on 5 on offense because our roster is so limited.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cinci's on ball defense was really good
UConn's tiny skinny kids could see over, move by or out muscle Cincinnati's men

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I am not sure this Cincy team will even make the tourney.
they have a better shot than UConn - that I am sure about

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn shouldn't expect to make many shots when they are as terrible and low percentage as most of them were tonight.

Reaction Score
That's what it looked like to me. Our players are not big enough, strong enough, skilled enough to play teams of that ability. We shoot poorly. We need better players - better shooters - stronger people. Cinci had 5 losses and we were completely over matched. We had no answers for defending the 7 footers in the paint. Maybe the thoughts of 'making the league' will fade from some minds... wow?! Was that disheartening... but very telling... on many fronts... I am being serious... "What did we do well?"

Reaction Score
Carlton couldn’t defend their bigs but when he was out it was even worse. They made layups at will. No answer on our roster.

Reaction Score
The only positive to take away from this game is that no one got hurt. Cincy has 5 losses, so it's not like we lost to Duke.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I am fascinated by how bad we are at 2 pt field goals. We have to be close to historically bad. But Hurley's offense is a five out so we essentially play 3 on 5 on offense because our roster is so limited.

And yet it seemed like we had the most success with the 4 out, 1 in last year (can someone like UconnStats confirm?)

Reaction Score
Very poor shooting night including some unfriendly rims. I was happy to see us figure out the turnover problem in the second half. Polley is our only decent shooter and doesn’t really operate off screens so if the rest of the offense can’t make some guys cheat, it’s really hard to get him open

Reaction Score

Yep, when you cannot get anything inside(and i mean almost nothing) it makes it a lot harder outside the paint. They'll see them again at home so it will be interesting to see how Hurley attacks the big kid. He intimidated our big kids on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
Carlton NEVER tried to set up inside. He spent more time at the foul line than carving out position. He did get inside AFTER some shots. Yes, we have had problems getting Carlton the ball inside. It has led to many TOs. But it look like we have given up on getting the ball inside at all.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Carlton NEVER tried to set up inside. He spent more time at the foul line than carving out position. He did get inside AFTER some shots. Yes, we have had problems getting Carlton the ball inside. It has led to many TOs. But it look like we have given up on getting the ball inside at all.

And that isn't Josh's fault. Last year he shot 60%, almost all of them catching the ball back to the basket. This year he's asked to go further out, and is getting the ball facing the basket, so he can't back his man down and make his little hook shot layups and is instead taking short face-up bank shots that get blocked or that he just misses. Josh is still pretty effective using that big butt to back guys down and score back to the basket. More Kevin McHale, less Kevin Garnett.

Reaction Score
Gilbert and Vital are shooting 23% from the field in our losses.

Danny, maybe stop starting them together...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom