30 year ineptitude record up tomorrow. | The Boneyard

30 year ineptitude record up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diaco knows what's wrong, but if he knows how to fix it - I have a bridge to sell.

Ive spent a lot of leisure time looking at the past 3 seasons of football games on review.

Three things becomes very clear.

(1) This coach is incapable of speaking poorly about the defensive football his team plays

(2) This coach is completely lost and delusional on developing and implementing strategic planning for practices and game plans for fielding a competitive team in 3 phases of game.

(3) This coach has shown no progress in improvement in situational awareness decision making during live game with regards to clock, time outs, down and distance, or game plan adjustments.

Said otherwise. No outcome is ever directly related to his defense. Being unable to shut down teams like Villanova, Stony Brook, or Maine? 30 and 40 point blowouts? Nah - competive games. Developing game plans, practice time blocks, etc. - 3 years of ineptitude. Game time awareness? His best sideline thing this year was the officials failing to see him running down the sideline signalling for the TO against Virginia. The O got the play off and scored the TD in spite of his effort to call TO.

So, tomorrow:

Going back to the 1986 season, the fewest offensive touchdowns the Huskies have had in a season is 20. UConn is currently at 17 with one game remaining.

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault2 hours ago
UConn and Tulane have combined to go scoreless for 14 straight quarters. They have been outscored 82-0 combined in the last three games.

Getting no where.gif

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
In less than a quarter and a half Houston and Memphis have combined for 41 pts....and counting. Still 9:27 left in the second.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
The only thing coach BS will hear tomorrow is the echo of his own voice

Reaction Score
In less than a quarter and a half Houston and Memphis have combined for 41 pts....and counting. Still 9:27 left in the second.

Easy w/ Greg Ward Jr. and Riley Ferguson.

Reaction Score
So Carl, how do you feel about Coach Diaco?

Well, in many cases of sheer idiocy, and behavior, a swift jab to the throat is an effective means of preventing further idiocy. It's often a welcome public service to provide.

In the case of Bob Diaco's head coaching of the University of Connecticut football program, its well beyond use of hands as a corrective tool for behavior.

The only thing now is the proverbial axe to the neck on the chopping block.

I'm quite disappointed in the state of the UCONN athletic department that he wasn't canned on Sunday and continues to coach.

I'll be more than happy to endure whatever message board flogging I am deemed necessary to endure if time proves me wrong about this.

Reaction Score
I can even get upset about any of this anymore. I'll watch but I really have little emotional investment left in this program until they get serious again. The dream of big time football is dead and the admin seems fine with that. We are a joke sitting at the very bottom of FCS and no one serious about football would tolerate that. We are talking the very worst, not even below average and struggling. No. This is one of those moments where you decide what you want to be.

Reaction Score
I can even get upset about any of this anymore. I'll watch but I really have little emotional investment left in this program until they get serious again. The dream of big time football is dead and the admin seems fine with that. We are a joke sitting at the very bottom of FCS and no one serious about football would tolerate that. We are talking the very worst, not even below average and struggling. No. This is one of those moments where you decide what you want to be.
Agreed. With all the talk of changes being easy on the offensive side of the ball, what's really needed is for Benedict to pull a Lee Corso on Saturday night after the game. 'Not so fast my friend'. We need to talk first. I'll need your university ID and keys to the Burton to start.

Reaction Score
Watching Iowa today and thinking about how long Kirk Ferentz has been successful there and lo and behold they returned a punt. Wasn't Kirk consulted when we were looking for a new coach after 2013? The red flags were evident right before the first game in 2014 when Diaco had the press conference to announce his starting QB. It was bizarro world from the get go. The offensive ineptitude in the Bowl game has carried over into this year and we are at the bottom looking up at all of FBS. Anyone at UCONN who had a hand in extending Diacos contract should have their pay frozen until we have a winning record in football again. Failure of this magnitude can't be glossed over or brushed aside.

Reaction Score
He doesn't know how to fix it - he's just trying to hang onto his job as long as possible, regardless of the long-term damage he inflicts on the program.

We're practically back to where we were 2 years ago. Huge step back this year.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Now that there is no hope for an invite to a P5 conference in the next several years, I doubt there is any urgency to make a change after this season. Get ready for the AD and its minions to put the blame on the fanbase for poor attendance, donations, etc. rather than the product on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom