30 for 30 on the Big East | The Boneyard

30 for 30 on the Big East

Reaction Score
I was surprised by the lack of UConn involvement and more importantly Jim Calhoun. I found it nostalgic and depressing at the same time. I grew up watching that big east but there was barely any mention of UConn and what they accomplished. I find that to be sad. I long for the old BE where rivalries mattered. I apologize for the rant but I cannot believe the fact that we find ourselves trying to find rivalries among ucf, Memphis, Houston when we used to destroy those teams. It’s really quite tragic. One of my fondest memories from HS was watching UConn beat Duke in 1999. Is that ever even possible again?

Reaction Score
Yeah that was really stupid how there was like zero mention of UConn in that entire movie. I think what the director was trying to do was focus on the Big East in the 80’s before it added the football schools. Still, not even mentioning the 3 UConn National Championships while part of the Big East was a serious omission.

Reaction Score
It was the old old big east. Not the history overall. We are way too modern in regards to this story unless you want to hear about us in the basement in the 80s.

Reaction Score
I watched it when it first was shown and eagerly anticipated what they'd say about UConn's rise from mediocrity to owning the league from the early1990's to the mid 2000's, but there was almost nothing about UConn.

And, there couldn't have been a bigger insult for UConn than all the praise lavished on Syracuse for its "historic accomplishment" of winning four games in four days at the Big East Tournament! NO mention of UConn winning five in five. Inexcusable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom