OT: - 30 Albums Turning 30 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: 30 Albums Turning 30

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A big thing with my high school aged daughter and her age groud right now is wearing 70's and 80's classic rock t-shirts. At first I thought maybe she just saw a shirt somewhere and liked it- I think it was a Journey t-shirt. Last week I was at a HS football game and it seemed like every girl in middle school or HS was wearing classic rock t-shirts.
Urban Outfitters sells them, along with overpriced vinyl.

Reaction Score
A big thing with my high school aged daughter and her age groud right now is wearing 70's and 80's classic rock t-shirts. At first I thought maybe she just saw a shirt somewhere and liked it- I think it was a Journey t-shirt. Last week I was at a HS football game and it seemed like every girl in middle school or HS was wearing classic rock t-shirts.
...as my 17 year-old daughter sits in front of me with her Fleetwood Mac Rumors T-shirt...

I see a lot of this as well. You wonder, can they name one Jimi Hendrix song?

Thing is, my kid really appreciates the music. She wanted "Tusk" on vinyl for her Birthday and although she's a 70s-80s Stevie and Christie fan above all, she did ask to borrow my "Mystery To Me" album last week. That's old school!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
...as my 17 year-old daughter sits in front of me with her Fleetwood Mac Rumors T-shirt...

I see a lot of this as well. You wonder, can they name one Jimi Hendrix song?

Thing is, my kid really appreciates the music. She wanted "Tusk" on vinyl for her Birthday and although she's a 70s-80s Stevie and Christie fan above all, she did ask to borrow my "Mystery To Me" album last week. That's old school!

Yeah, I'm guessing there's very little knowledge of songs from that period other than Fleetwood Mac's cranberry juice dude song or a few others that have played in viral tik tok's.

Reminds of one of ESPN's talking heads' points. Bomani Jones would say there are two types of Bob Marley fans- Bob Marley fans and Bob Marley Legend fans.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm guessing there's very little knowledge of songs from that period other than Fleetwood Mac's cranberry juice dude song or a few others that have played in viral tik tok's.

Reminds of one of ESPN's talking heads' points. Bomani Jones would say there are two types of Bob Marley fans- Bob Marley fans and Bob Marley Legend fans.
He nailed it. Roots, Rock and Reggae all day long...

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'Studies show the average Gen Z student uses five electronic devices and has an 8-second attention span, which results in “lower grades, diminished ability to concentrate, and stunted academic achievement.”
Gen Z students are less educated, more depressed and lack values (nypost.com)
like pops always sez 'our parents didn't bring us to concerts, and no one in our peer group sat around all day long listening to music from half a century ago...'
i try to post currently and recently popular music, 100s of millions and even billions of hits, but clearly im in the wrong place, cuz it's always 1968, or 1971, here. just becuz you think it's a classic, doesn't make it so in the real world.
seriously, some of youse are missing some great music. even got lots of wildly popular social commentary/protest beats, just like 'back in the day.'

hey! clapton's last week's latest, is coming up on 2 million hits! happy now? i'd put up some others from the past few months with zillions of hits, but they'd prolly be poofed. good thing reality is very real. it's fun living there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Urban Outfitters sells them, along with overpriced vinyl.

So, got around to remembering to ask daughter where she and her friends buy their 80's rock t-shirts.

Answer?

Boutique shops

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom