3 x 3 Gold Previews Success for UConn and Oregon | The Boneyard

3 x 3 Gold Previews Success for UConn and Oregon

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I found these pieces of analysis very useful

'Nelson-Ododa’s defense took center stage in Lima: She registered block after block (again, a stat not made available, but one evident to even the casual viewer) while also contributing 2.8 points per game. Like Hebard, Nelson-Ododa also registered a 100 percent shooting effort — this one in the semifinal against Brazil.'

but for me, what was most important was

'It’s also worth mentioning that Nelson-Ododa’s free throw shooting was dramatically better at the Pan Am Games than at UConn: She made 81.8 percent of her free throws over the weekend to 53.2 percent as a freshman'.

In a 3 x 3 format where every point is so critical and missing FT's can expose you unlike anything else in front of her peers, she really locked in her concentation.

Liv has good form and the only reason she is not a good FT shooter is her concentration. Being so reliable when needed and getting her focus right is critical for her further development and earning trust with the coaching staff.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Liv worked hard with CD on her FT shooting. I’d love to see her shoot 80% this season!

Reaction Score
I watched that 3x3 championship game, and I'm not a fan of that format. Glad we won though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom