3 x 3 FIBA World Cup June 21-26 | The Boneyard

3 x 3 FIBA World Cup June 21-26

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Pool Draw. Ranking the pools at FIBA 3x3 World Cup 2022

USA Women have in their pool Brazil Austria and France.

Wonder who will be on the team since the Olympic Gold Medal team will be playing in the WNBA They were Stef Dolson, Allisha Gray, Kelsey Plum and Jackie Young.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Since no WNBA players, I would guess Boston and Caitlin are no brainers. Paige if she were 100%.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I also seem to recall Hailey Van Lith has 3 x 3 experience

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
What concerns me I've seen no info posted on USAB website concerning trials to pick the team. Nor have I read anything about USA participating in this World Cup.

Reaction Score
Team will probably be picked from players in this tournament:

Depending on the 3x3 experience level of players that Force 10 can get, those will probably be the favorites to play in the World Cup. The United States is not a currently listed team for the first stop of the FIBA Women's Series.

I guess if y'all had been one of the colleges that had accepted an invitation, it would have been mentioned in the article. There definitely could be some fun lineups from college teams.

Reaction Score
Wish SC would’ve sent a squad. Seems like we never compete in these type of things. I would’ve loved to see Feagin, Hall, Beal and Cooke out there.

Reaction Score
Oh my. That is an interesting line up. I love the blend of the college and pro players. Just on paper, this looks very interesting.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Oh my. That is an interesting line up. I love the blend of the college and pro players. Just on paper, this looks very interesting.
It is interesting, isn't it?
  • Van Lith is reminding me more and more of the path Kelsey Plum has taken in regards to U.S.A. Basketball: take the opportunities when you can get them and grab them. And her strengths play well in three and three: stop and start, drives to the hoop.
  • Joens is kind of a Gray/Young type of player. Super mid-range game and scorer.
  • Cox makes sense. She can set killer screens and roll to the hoop. Passes well, plays defense. And playing on this team keeps her visible.
  • Burdick is a bit of a wild card for me. Haven't seen a whole lot recently, but she's very athletic, for sure. She and Joens could be an interesting one-two punch, a la Gray/Young (again), with Van Lith directing traffic.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Cox and Joens both played very well in Springfield (when they had the 3x3 tournament), but not sure that either Van Lith or Burdick attended. Must have already been in the pool and evaluated but was erroneously expecting the team members selected to have attended that event.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Bump

Todays schedule and tomorrows(USA starts tomorrow) Double check times,

Games are on YouTube and free

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Van Lith is reminding me more and more of the path Kelsey Plum has taken in regards to U.S.A. Basketball: take the opportunities when you can get them and grab them. And her strengths play well in three and three: stop and start, drives to the hoop.
I saw a highlight clip of Hailey Van Lith playing 3x3 and her game reminded me of Plum. Both being lefties and around the same size of course is a parallel.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Surprised no one is following up on the US 3 x 3

2 tough wins today

1) 19-14 over New Zealand. Very Close until the end. Who would think NZ would be so tough
2) 18-16 over Austria. US trailing most of the game. Hailey Van Lith with some clutch shots at the end. Cox was good but not Steph Dolson good

Team seems pretty well balanced but certainly not like the Olympic team

Not sure how far we go.

Reaction Score

2 tough wins today

1) 19-14 over New Zealand. Very Close until the end. Who would think NZ would be so tough
2) 18-16 over Austria. US trailing most of the game. Hailey Van Lith with some clutch shots at the end. Cox was good but not Steph Dolson good

Not sure how far we go.
I’m watching. They are a young team. Not sure how young/old they are compared to the other teams, but they definitely have to do a better job of protecting the ball. There were too many ill-advised and unforced passes in both games. They all need to play better, but Burdick needs to take the team under her wings since she’s the elder statesmen and has more familiarity and experience in the 3X3 tourney. In one sequence against Austria, Burdick, decided to pass to a cutting Hailey Van Lith, who was heavily guarded (basically triple-teamed). There wasn’t a passing lane to Hailey Van Lith. Burdick should have kicked the ball out to Cox near the three point line because 1) that would have been the clearest passing lane and 2) it would have been the correct pass. Hopefully, they will play better the next game. They won’t go far if they continue to play like they did in game 1 & 2.

Reaction Score

2 tough wins today

Not sure how far we go.
Nobody on the Louisville boards seems interested either. Those were two tough wins. Brazil and France tomorrow.

Reaction Score

2 tough wins today

Not sure how far we go.
Yeah definitely two close games. Austria was really tough. Team USA did not look like a well oiled machine out there but I am sure it was just a matter of getting into a rhythm. Like I said in a previous post about the 3x3 team, it is going to be interesting.

Reaction Score
USA vs Canada this morning at 10:35 eastern time. Quarterfinal matchup. Can be viewed live without subscription.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You tube link

US loses 14-10. :(

Canada jumped out but US kept it close but unless Hailey Van Lith was hitting everything, was not in Canada's veteran class. And Canada missed alot of shots too.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
US loses 14-10. :(

Canada jumped out but US kept it close but unless Hailey Van Lith was hitting everything, was not in Canada's veteran class. And Canada missed alot of shots too.
Both teams missed a ton of jump shots.
I am guessing the USA will send a higher level team to the FIBA qualifiers for the 2024 Olympics in France.

I dont think I have seen a player as bloody as the Canadian players face got after she ran into Burdick's elbow.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Both teams missed a ton of jump shots.
I am guessing the USA will send a higher level team to the FIBA qualifiers for the 2024 Olympics in France.

I dont think I have seen a player as bloody as the Canadian players face got after she ran into Burdick's elbow.
Consistent with the red hair and uniform I guess.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Consistent with the red hair and uniform I guess.
For those interested in the visual.

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    829.7 KB · Views: 101

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members