3 Teams now officially in the draft lottery.... | The Boneyard

3 Teams now officially in the draft lottery....

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I'd love to see Tulsa score BG. They have played hard all year (unlike some of the other BG-Lotto teams). There is a good regional aspect to that also. Mystics and EDD seem like a good match regionally also. If Chicago is in the lottery - Diggins is a natural (backcourt of Diggins and Prince? Yikes.). New York would be good for her "media-friendliness" also. Hopefully, Phoenix ends up with the 4th pick (not a big fan). If the picks were to turn out that way it would make for a really active trading scene.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Britney Griner, the Washington Monument. The Mystics could find some way to screw that up.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I dunno - the Liberty have quite a history of screwing things up... course they might make the playoffs...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We could have a battle to the bottom. Can Washington out-incompetent New York?

If it were a football game, call it the Toilet Bowl.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

LOL good one. there has to be a sponsor tho. The Charmin Toilet Bowl? (like the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

.......maybe the Tidy Bowl?

tidy+bowl+man.jpg

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Sometimes just thinking about the Liberty makes my head hurt.

Amazingly fustrating inexplicable moves. And we used to think it was Blaze. Didn't improve when she left. If they are in the lottery they'll probably draft someone from Lower Eastern Middle Minnesota College of Mines or something. Griner? Diggins? EDD?, nah.

Unlike some posters, I do usually enjoy WNBA games when I watch them - I certainly did in the early days of the league when I had season tix. But I find I watch less and less games on TV each year, which is sad. But it is just so hard to develop a major rooting interest in any of the teams (other than the Liberty) and unfortunately, as I said above . . .

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sometimes just thinking about the Liberty makes my head hurt.

Amazingly fustrating inexplicable moves. And we used to think it was Blaze. Didn't improve when she left. If they are in the lottery they'll probably draft someone from Lower Eastern Middle Minnesota College of Mines or something. Griner? Diggins? EDD?, nah.

Unlike some posters, I do usually enjoy WNBA games when I watch them - I certainly did in the early days of the league when I had season tix. But I find I watch less and less games on TV each year, which is sad. But it is just so hard to develop a major rooting interest in any of the teams (other than the Liberty) and unfortunately, as I said above . . .
They will think they are drafting Diggins but will draft some kid from the College of Mines nicknamed Diggings.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They will think they are drafting Diggins but will draft some kid from the College of Mines nicknamed Diggings.
You know, there actually is a college called the Colorado School of Mines? I remember this because they are rated somewhere in the top 100 IIRC, and this blows my mind that they are "ranked" ahead of some much better known schools.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
You know, there actually is a college called the Colorado School of Mines? I remember this because they are rated somewhere in the top 100 IIRC, and this blows my mind that they are "ranked" ahead of some much better known schools.
I knew it remotely when I made up the school name. Couldn't remember where it was. Just looked it up - I think it said it was ranked in the top 30 of public schools. The article also said it had the strictest admission standards of any public institution in Colorado. Interesting.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Tulsa score BG. They have played hard all year (unlike some of the other BG-Lotto teams). There is a good regional aspect to that also. Mystics and EDD seem like a good match regionally also. If Chicago is in the lottery - Diggins is a natural (backcourt of Diggins and Prince? Yikes.). New York would be good for her "media-friendliness" also. Hopefully, Phoenix ends up with the 4th pick (not a big fan). If the picks were to turn out that way it would make for a really active trading scene.

I like this scenario a lot. Keeps BG close to home in B12 country. Keeps EDD at home in the Mid-Atlantic. And if Chicago is in the lottery and grabs Diggins it keeps her in the MidWest. Probably no better way to generate media and fan interest in the game than to keep local stars local. Well that or somebody throws a punch, dunks, or breaks a school record while on crutches. :D

Also love the trade scenarios it might kick off starting with the big Aussie Cambage. She just might get her "big city on the coast" wish after all. Would love to see her land in Seattle with LJ.

The big question for me is: who goes fourth? It seems everyone agrees it will be BG, EDD, Diggins. But who goes at 4? If the Liberty get the 4th spot maybe they can scoop up Shallon Pillow with the pick. :p

HGN

Reaction Score
Here's wishing BG upon the Mystics..........Shock already have Cambage. Phoenix has DT. The only thing Washington has in the middle of it is the Monument. They need more.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just FYI Colorado School of Mines is and has been a fabulous academic institution. Not a powerhouse in any sport, however.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I would like to see BG end up in DC with RGIII. It just has a nice ring to it.

I truly do not want BG to end up in Tulsa or Phoenix. I have no respect for the way Phoenix tanked this season and would rather see BG go anywhere else but Phoenix.

Reaction Score
I would like to see BG end up in DC with RGIII. It just has a nice ring to it.

I truly do not want BG to end up in Tulsa or Phoenix. I have no respect for the way Phoenix tanked this season and would rather see BG go anywhere else but Phoenix.

Then you must not like Griner very much. That franchise has been, is going, and will continue to go nowhere FAST under the likes of Trudi and Sheila. But hey, let her go to the Eastern Conf...then you'll only get to see her once/twice a year when she comes West...and if she lands on WAS maybe once/twice a year on TV.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just FYI Colorado School of Mines is and has been a fabulous academic institution. Not a powerhouse in any sport, however.
Are you kidding me? The Orediggers just claimed the institution's first-ever Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC) All-Sports Cup during the 2011-12 academic year. :rolleyes:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Then you must not like Griner very much. That franchise has been, is going, and will continue to go nowhere FAST under the likes of Trudi and Sheila. But hey, let her go to the Eastern Conf...then you'll only get to see her once/twice a year when she comes West...and if she lands on WAS maybe once/twice a year on TV.

Wrong...I have a great friend who lives in DC that I visit frequently. I will support whichever team she goes to, but I would just prefer that it not be Phoenix.

HGN

Reaction Score
UCDT3 , IT'S JUST THE OPPOSITE. I too would love to see BG in DC...There was a time for the first few years of the league that the Mystics were amongst the leaders in attendance. But then management started getting too creative with personnel and coaching moves and things went south. Hopefully , they have learned a lesson. And I think BG would go a long way in solving a personnel issue in the middle. Other than Langhorne and Thomas , the team could use any of the draft top 3. Besides , how bad can you mess up and be with a horse like BG to ride in the middle ? The WNBA will find a way to put her on national TV either in away or home games.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
BG needs to be in a big market like DC, NY or LA. Washington would immediately become a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom