Reaction Score
Rodney and Omar combined 39 for 84 for .464, both are shooting exactly .464

Improved outside shooting from both.

Gibbs's numbers are way down: 18-53 for .340

Last year: 75-172 for .436

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Gibbs has looked more comfortable as of late. He needs to be more aggressive both from three and in the lane

Reaction Score
I missed BADLY on Adams ability to knock down shots from 3pt land. JA sitting at 4-17 (.235%). :(

Small sample but it looks like I will be way off what I thought the # of 3PM will turn out to be for Adams. I would like to think the # I had in mind was before the Gibbs signing but it probably wasn't.

Reaction Score
Greenberg's right. You can see him trying to pick his spots. Ollie's on him to shoot more and there's really no reason not to think he'll start making shots when he's not worried about whether they're the right ones.
You can definitely see that he is hesitant and not as aggressive as he was in the past with SH. Without even checking and comparing the 2 seasons (to this date) the eye test tells the story. Makes sense but we need that Sterling soon.

Reaction Score
Rodney and Omar combined 39 for 84 for .464, both are shooting exactly .464

Improved outside shooting from both.

Gibbs's numbers are way down: 18-53 for .340

Last year: 75-172 for .436

Rodney's % has been a pleasant surprise, he's deadly when his feet are set. JA's form looks good, I think he'll improve.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rodney's % has been a pleasant surprise, he's deadly when his feet are set. JA's form looks good, I think he'll improve.

Rodney is Giffey-like in that regard. Neither was a great 3pt shooter on the move, but both can knock down a well-set 3pt shot.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
When Rodney is set and has time, he's a very good shooter. Problem is, he has to be set and have time because his release, though methodical and repetitive, is very slow. Either way, you can tell he's worked very hard on his jumpshot form and it's paying off.

Sterling is a natural shooter... his percentages will get better as the year goes along.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
When Rodney is set and has time, he's a very good shooter. Problem is, he has to be set and have time because his release, though methodical and repetitive, is very slow. Either way, you can tell he's worked very hard on his jumpshot form and it's paying off.

Great job by Purvis to put in the effort to really improve his outside shot. Now, if he could do the same on his free throw shooting ........

Reaction Score
I missed BADLY on Adams ability to knock down shots from 3pt land. JA sitting at 4-17 (.235%). :(

Small sample but it looks like I will be way off what I thought the # of 3PM will turn out to be for Adams. I would like to think the # I had in mind was before the Gibbs signing but it probably wasn't.
He's a freshman. Many times good shooters in high school take some time before they warm up at the next level. Sometimes more than a year. Napier shot 32% from 3 as a freshman. Daniels 24%. Their natural ability eventually came out when the game slowed down for them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's a freshman. Many times good shooters in high school take some time before they warm up at the next level. Sometimes more than a year. Napier shot 32% from 3 as a freshman. Daniels 24%. Their natural ability eventually came out when the game slowed down for them.

Especially a PG. Too much going on in their head to get into the flow/zone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This. I'll add that freshmen typically experience a January slump, I suspect in part because their coaches are expecting more of them in terms of BBIQ and understanding the game plan. I think that what we are seeing, a bit early, with Jalen. If he says true to the pattern, by the start of February he'll look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom