3 Of The 7 Best Are Coming to UCONN | The Boneyard

3 Of The 7 Best Are Coming to UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LINK

3 of the 7 players on the Naismith Girls High School Player of the Year watch list are the 3 UCONN recruits. That blows my mind. Holy cow! One school gets almost half of the best players.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Counting Diamond, who is on the list as well, that is 4 of 7. I hope we get the Grand Slam here--all 4.

Morgan is no slouch. She is rated anywhere from 4 to 15 in her class. In her freshman year, she was #1. It would not be a stretch to say we have the top 3 players in 2012.

Reaction Score
LINK

3 of the 7 players on the Naismith Girls High School Player of the Year watch list are the 3 UCONN recruits. That blows my mind. Holy cow! One school gets almost half of the best players.
Geno blew it again. Why not 6 or 7?

Reaction Score
Counting Diamond, who is on the list as well, that is 4 of 7. I hope we get the Grand Slam here--all 4.

Morgan is no slouch. She is rated anywhere from 4 to 15 in her class. In her freshman year, she was #1. It would not be a stretch to say we have the top 3 players in 2012.
Diamond sounds like a winner! What a catch she would be.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Every time there is another honor or article on the class of 2012 and the UConn recruits are mentioned, it's a little sureal. I mean, 3 of the top 7 players are coming to UConn?

And it's not just any 3. It's the 2 top ranked players (by far) and a former #1 player who is playing like it again.

It's bindmoggling.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UCONN's recruiting is mind boggling. Most schools are happy to get one top 10 recruit to build a program around. I'm really looking forward to watching Stewart play. If I heard correctly Doris Burke indicated that she can dunk off an alley-oop pass. I love seeing that sort of progression in the women's game. I love seeing those players that take it to the next level.

I hate that EDD went to Delaware as it has not allowed me to see her play. Maybe a Delaware game has been on but I haven't see one. I truly wish that she had been able to showcase her talents on national TV for all WBB fans to see and appreciate.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Every time there is another honor or article on the class of 2012 and the UConn recruits are mentioned, it's a little sureal. I mean, 3 of the top 7 players are coming to UConn?

And it's not just any 3. It's the 2 top ranked players (by far) and a former #1 player who is playing like it again.

It's bindmoggling.

DD, I was still writing my post when you used the exact same word. It truly is amazing.

And as much as it sucks to be on the other end of the spectrum, watching a team of incredibly talented players is still fun to see. I remember watching the Olympic team run the fast break and thinking, wow, that is how the game is supposed to be played. It was truly a thing of beauty.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I hate that EDD went to Delaware as it has not allowed me to see her play. Maybe a Delaware game has been on but I haven't see one. I truly wish that she had been able to showcase her talents on national TV for all WBB fans to see and appreciate.
Speaking of Providence (as we were in the Big East thread), the Friars will be playing Delaware on the 19th. The game will be televised on Cox Cable, I presume here in New England.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Diamond sounds like a winner! What a catch she would be.
It would be a heavy blow to our women's game, a big part of every ones life is HOPE --- You have the best coach and enough talent for him to work his magic yet there may be a crack in the door for a few. Greed has led to enough problems.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Alexis Jones (Duke)
Breanna Stewart (UCONN)
Moriah Jefferson (UCONN)
Jewell Loyd (Notre Dame)
Jordan Adams (USC)
Morgan Tuck (UCONN)
Diamond DeShields (undetermined)

Most teams don't even have 2 players on the list, never mind 1 player. UCONN, ND, Duke and USC are the only teams represented. i find it interesting that there is no mention of Graves, Howard, Russell or Davis. Graves and Howard are on almost everyone's top 10 list (Tuck is not - she's 15 per HG), and Russell and Davis are mostly listed as the top 2 players from 2013, not Diamond.

i realize the Naismith people don't ask HG or any of the other recruiting services who they think the best player(s) are, but i find it interesting that there's so little consensus. well, to be fair, there is consensus on Stewart, Jones, Jefferson, Loyd and Adams...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
LINK

its-not-fair_2brhg1m2.jpg

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It would be a heavy blow to our women's game, a big part of every ones life is HOPE --- You have the best coach and enough talent for him to work his magic yet there may be a crack in the door for a few. Greed has led to enough problems.

OK, we'll take Diamond but leave a crack in the door by not getting Mercedes Russell......Isn't that good enough to maintain competitive balance?!??! :D

Reaction Score
UCONN's recruiting is mind boggling. Most schools are happy to get one top 10 recruit to build a program around. I'm really looking forward to watching Stewart play. If I heard correctly Doris Burke indicated that she can dunk off an alley-oop pass. I love seeing that sort of progression in the women's game. I love seeing those players that take it to the next level.

ESPN must not think that she is that good.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, Eric, can I convince you that the Hoopgurlz ranking of 15 for Morgan is an outlier? :)

I still think it was a clerical error. They were going to rank her between 1 and 5 and some idiot wrote down "15."

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Here's a link to the Delaware schedule and EDD.....look for the games that say "live video", click on that link at game time and watch as it is streamed live on the computer....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
John A's caption is really mind-boggling. Well put.

UConn's Entire Class of 2012 On Naismith Watch List

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So, Eric, can I convince you that the Hoopgurlz ranking of 15 for Morgan is an outlier? :)

I still think it was a clerical error. They were going to rank her between 1 and 5 and some idiot wrote down "15."
lol. well said. but mostly the HS rankings are most useful for bragging rights. we won't know how "good" she is until she gets to UCONN and starts practicing and playing... but you know me - i've been on the Morgan bandwagon big time since we recruited her and since she verbaled.

Reaction Score

+1

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
lol. well said. but mostly the HS rankings are most useful for bragging rights. we won't know how "good" she is until she gets to UCONN and starts practicing and playing... but you know me - i've been on the Morgan bandwagon big time since we recruited her and since she verbaled.
Very true, but I have a feeling that, if Jen likes her, we'll like her. Here's some recent recruiting:

Better than advertised:

Renee Montgomery
Tina Charles
Maya Moore
Tiffany Hayes
Caroline Doty
Kelly Faris
Stefanie Dolson
Bria Hartley
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
Brianna Banks
Kiah Stokes

I think there is a pattern here.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Very true, but I have a feeling that, if Jen likes her, we'll like her. Here's some recent recruiting:

Better than advertised:

Renee Montgomery
Tina Charles
Maya Moore
Tiffany Hayes
Caroline Doty
Kelly Faris
Stefanie Dolson
Bria Hartley
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
Brianna Banks
Kiah Stokes

I think there is a pattern here.
Er, Tina and Kaleena were both highly acclaimed players in high school, ranked #1 by several scouting sites and receivers of multiple awards.

I would add Jess Moore to the list, though, and maybe Maria Conlon.

Reaction Score
Alexis Jones (Duke)
Breanna Stewart (UCONN)
Moriah Jefferson (UCONN)
Jewell Loyd (Notre Dame)
Jordan Adams (USC)
Morgan Tuck (UCONN)
Diamond DeShields (undetermined)

Most teams don't even have 2 players on the list, never mind 1 player. UCONN, ND, Duke and USC are the only teams represented. i find it interesting that there is no mention of Graves, Howard, Russell or Davis. Graves and Howard are on almost everyone's top 10 list (Tuck is not - she's 15 per HG), and Russell and Davis are mostly listed as the top 2 players from 2013, not Diamond.

i realize the Naismith people don't ask HG or any of the other recruiting services who they think the best player(s) are, but i find it interesting that there's so little consensus. well, to be fair, there is consensus on Stewart, Jones, Jefferson, Loyd and Adams...
It is rather impressive for us to have 3 of the 7 on the Naismith List:) Actually there is concensus on the 6 of the 7IMHO since there is widespread belief that DD is #1 for 2013. Her also being picked for the USA 19 Championship team gets you attention,as well I believe not only did her team win the state championship,but she ? was GA player of the year and Gatorade player of the year for GA as a SO. Both she and Davis are GA girls!
Russell has really just come onto the scene.The rest I would all take on my team:p If they took 6 and their list is 7 that only leaves one for a player of the following year.
MY BET! Unless there is an injury,she plays poorly,team collapses It is really held against her that her team is not going to be #1,she wins this in a runaway!!!!!!!!!!! On top of everything else all of her play on USA National Gold Medal teams and the only HS player on the Pan American Team makes her the HUGE FAVORITE. She is really that good. Funny but she reminds me of Bill Walton ready to come of HS and go to UCLA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom