3 future WNBA GOATS hanging out | The Boneyard

3 future WNBA GOATS hanging out

Reaction Score
The stuff others' nightmares are made of. The three of these together. Cool to see Paige, Aliyah and Haley together. I didn't even recognize Paige or our own girl Aliyah! Aliyah looks to have lost even more weight and Paige looks totally different off the court.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
IMG_20220513_234056481.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So where is Caitlyn. Seems a natural in the temple. ??

Reaction Score
So where is Caitlyn. Seems a natural in the temple. ??
Idk. I had no idea Aliyah's own teammate, Zia, was even there. All of the stuff all 3 of Aliyah, Paige and Haley posted are either videos of the three of them together or photos of the 3 of them together. I happened to see one pic someone else took and Zia was hanging out on the periphery sorta by herself. She's kinda quiet and shy so maybe that's why but Aliyah, Paige and Haley seem to have forged quite a friendship with each other. Cool to see.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
One thing I really love: fierce on-court rivals can be besties off the court. Talk about some good role-modeling for the youngins.
USA basketball brings the best talent together, and a number of them remain great friends regardless of the collegiate competition. They respect each other on the court and love each other off the court. Good to see in a world that is so messed up.

Reaction Score
One thing I really love: fierce on-court rivals can be besties off the court. Talk about some good role-modeling for the youngins.
They've been teammates and starters for years on Team USA so they probably have a long friendship.

Remember that Haley went to console Boston after the miss in the title game.

The story with Paige was always Fudd, but I think they all are tight.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They've been teammates and starters for years on Team USA so they probably have a long friendship.

Remember that Haley went to console Boston after the miss in the title game.

The story with Paige was always Fudd, but I think they all are tight.
Paige had said they were toying with the idea of everyone joining the same team very early in the recruiting process.

Reaction Score
They were the starters of the team USA a few years ago, right?

Starters: Paige, Azzi, Bostons, Haley, and someone

Reaction Score
Fulwiley is Fr SC better stay on here before another SEC foe does.
I still think she might be the silent birdie we still don't know the identity of. The only SC recruit I'm truly worried we may lose to someone is Joyce Edwards. She is fascinated with Stanford bc of the academic side of things. The rest of the SC girls I think Dawn absolutely gets.

Reaction Score
3 Wnba goats? Eh let's pump the breaks a bit. Boston I do think has the best chance just cause nobody can guard her. Wonder if there was ribbing tho on Paige since the other 2 have a ring and she doesn't.
I was "speaking it into existence". :D

And I hope not. I mean I remember being that age and sorta pokin' at each other about competitive stuff to a degree. Of course those things were not even remotely close to being in the same realm as a National Title ring tho. I hope that Aliyah and Haley didn't do that.

Reaction Score
I was "speaking it into existence". :D

And I hope not. I mean I remember being that age and sorta pokin' at each other about competitive stuff to a degree. Of course those things were not even remotely close to being in the same realm as a National Title ring tho. I hope that Aliyah and Haley didn't do that.
bragging rights are bragging rights, no shame in flaunting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
3 Wnba goats? Eh let's pump the breaks a bit. Boston I do think has the best chance just cause nobody can guard her. Wonder if there was ribbing tho on Paige since the other 2 have a ring and she doesn't.

Yeah, I think "Future WNBA Stars" would be an appropriate stretch. The actual GOATs have 20 years in the bank that the classes of 2023 and 2024 do not. Dee has 3 NCAA championships. Boston, Jones, and Paige have only 2 combined.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think ball players understand how capricious winning a team championship is. Both Haley and Aaliyah have experienced disappointments. Also, I think Aaliyah (from interviews) is very humble (like Aja Wilson) and does not get into brash talk like Paige does. Not sure about Haley in this vein.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, I've been holding my tongue. Can't do it anymore. GOAT is literally a singular designation, there can only be one. Unless you want to split it into GOAT at each position, but I think that entirely defeats the purpose of using the term GOAT. There, I've said it, now I feel better. :p

Reaction Score
Okay, I've been holding my tongue. Can't do it anymore. GOAT is literally a singular designation, there can only be one. Unless you want to split it into GOAT at each position, but I think that entirely defeats the purpose of using the term GOAT. There, I've said it, now I feel better. :p
I agree with you if I were to take a very literal approach to the application of the term. But, I think the OP was using it to emphasize that there are some very talented women were in the photo. Y'all are reading too much into this.

Reaction Score
Fulwiley is Fr SC better stay on here before another SEC foe does.
I assure you Dawn is all over that one and I ’m pretty sure she is the silent commit. When she reveals her choice I’ll expound on what I heard. Fulwiley and Cooper and Watkins are all pretty tight so I think that’s probably a done deal but….you never know. Those are 3 very talented players - they bring a different flair and they will have the CLA rocking. I agree that Joyce Edwards is the one that might get away and if she goes to Stanford I could deal with that.

Reaction Score
I agree with you if I were to take a very literal approach to the application of the term. But, I think the OP was using it to emphasize that there are some very talented women were in the photo. Y'all are reading too much into this.
Yep. Exactly how I meant it. That and I wanted to express respect for both Paige and Haley and not just Aliyah simply bc she's one of ours. Didn't realize it would instead be met with arguments against it.

Reaction Score
yea I get annoyed at the word GOAT being used regularly now, it has lost it's luster. GOAT means greatest of all-time, with all due respect idk if you can say that for any of those 3 players. 2 of them got a ring, but I think they'll need 2 or 3 to justify that conversation.

Reaction Score
Yep. Exactly how I meant it. That and I wanted to express respect for both Paige and Haley and not just Aliyah simply bc she's one of ours. Didn't realize it would instead be met with arguments against it.
I don't think it can be avoided. The use of the term GOAT prompts reactions regardless of the sport. It always will.

Reaction Score
yea I get annoyed at the word GOAT being used regularly now, it has lost it's luster. GOAT means greatest of all-time, with all due respect idk if you can say that for any of those 3 players. 2 of them got a ring, but I think they'll need 2 or 3 to justify that conversation.
I see your point. I mean I agree in a more specific sense like you're referencing. I was just trying to pay respect to the 3 of them and their potential to be great on that level one day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom