3 Division 24 Team Conference? | The Boneyard

3 Division 24 Team Conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
North American Athletic Conference - NAAC

Basketball:
Big East: UConn, Seton Hall, Providence, St John, Villanova, Rutgers, Georgetown, Cincinatti
Big Midwest: Notre Dame, Depaul, Marquette, Louisville, USF, UCF, ECU, Memphis, (Navy?)
Big West: Houston, SMU, Boise, Nevada, SDSU, UNLV, BYU, Fresno, (Air Force?)

Regular season: Home and Home in Div= 14 games and either play another divison 4H and 4A each year rotating divisons yearly for 22 games or play 4 from other division rotating the 4 so every 4 years you play all teams in other two divisions for 18 games.

BET: Top 2 teams in each divison get bye until the MSG Rounds (final 8). Start BET a week earlier for all other teams at home of higher seeds - TWO WEEKS OF BET - TV will be all over that.

Football:
Big East: UConn, Rutgers, Cincinatti, Louisville, ECU, UCF, USF, Memphis
Big West: Houston, SMU, Boise, Nevada, SDSU, Fresno, BYU, UNLV

7 games in divison and play 2 in other divison. Every 4 years you have played everyone. East vs West Championship game at home of highest ranked BCS Poll team.

Other sports: Play divison only

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Oh how I hate this. Basically three distinct conferences, who are only together so they can create a funky football conference as well.

Reaction Score
I vote NAAH to the NAAC. Seriously you don't want some of those basketball programs, and those schools don't want their basketball programs getting slaughtered by the likes of UConn and a two week BET would lose its magic. I think if Marinatto could pull off what has been rumored, with BYU included, it will be a big coup for this conference. He is on the right track, the question is could he pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom