3-day northern New England getaway | Page 2 | The Boneyard

3-day northern New England getaway

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Maine has no quarantine/test requirements for VT, NH,CT. NJ, NY

We're in NY, have family in VT and MA but probably wouldn't be "seeing" them any closer than 10 feet away anyway, we've been very cautious. But I was also curious about this as well.

We'll probably stick to NY somewhere though. But I didn't want to get to New Hampshire or CT and get arrested!

It's crazy that this thing has affected so much, things you forget about or took for granted, like crossing a state border.

Reaction Score
North Conway, New Hampshire. Drive up the auto road of Mt. Washington, and there are awesome restaurants in that area (Tuckermans Tavern is my favorite restaurant ever). Some unbelievable hiking in the White Mountains too..both long and short hikes. Also really nice golf courses if you are into that
Love North Conway, use to stay at the White Mountain Hotel and Resort, loved it. If you're a golfer the course is excellent, and you can tee off right outside your room. Many things to see and do. Might go back up there this fall.

Reaction Score
Love North Conway, use to stay at the White Mountain Hotel and Resort, loved it. If you're a golfer the course is excellent, and you can tee off right outside your room. Many things to see and do. Might go back up there this fall.

That's where we stay as well. Nice hotel and the course is sweet. Also if you are looking for a great breakfast place to try out, check out 'Yesterdays' in Jackson which is about 15 minutes north of North Conway. Right across from the Wentworth golf course

Reaction Score
That's where we stay as well. Nice hotel and the course is sweet. Also if you are looking for a great breakfast place to try out, check out 'Yesterdays' in Jackson which is about 15 minutes north of North Conway. Right across from the Wentworth golf course
Used to get dragged to Zebs, and the outlet stores. A wife and two teenage daughters will do that. Lol

Reaction Score
Used to get dragged to Zebs, and the outlet stores. A wife and two teenage daughters will do that. Lol
Love zebs..the 5 & Dime store is cool too. Lots of good candy you can't really get anywhere else lol

Reaction Score
We did North Adams last year and I’d give it a +1. We stayed at a pretty cool place called Tourists Welcome. It’s a very “hip” place and my wife loved it. It’s on the main drag which is a bit of a demerit, but otherwise a very unique spot.

Reaction Score
What do you like to do? Hike? Go to beaches? Check out a more urban area (like Portland, ME which is close to beaches and has a great restaurant scene)? Northern New England has all of these things. Do you want to try to do all of these things?

Normally my time in Maine is spent fishing. At last count I had caught bass in over 80 lakes and ponds in Maine. However, this is simply a 3 day getaway to celebrate my girlfriend's new job. So I suspect it will include things like the beach, a few good restuarants, a round of mini golf, etc. I will be bringing a fishing rod for a quick solo mission one morning before breakfast, my favorite time of the day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom