3 Articles from Des Conner | The Boneyard

3 Articles from Des Conner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-scrimmage-0816-20150729-story.html

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...-keeping-heat-on-the-line-20150816-story.html

There are some good insights from Saturday's scrimmage at PAWS-ARF. I loved the quote "Shirreffs doesn't look beatable at this point", I'm glad that Bryant seems to be taking the reins as the #1 guy. I wonder if Arkeel is starting to emerge as the #2 behind Johnson. Very disappointed to hear about the O-line but that's been discussed to ad nauseam already.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-jasen-rose-uconn-football-0819-20150818-story.html

This article really got me excited about the future of the program, hopefully this isn't all just hot air into an optimist's ears...

Uconn recruit and Southington High football standout Jasen Rose has narrowed his list of schools to four: UConn, Syracuse, Wake Forest and Wisconsin.

"I'm still trying to make my decision before my senior season so I don't have to worry about it, that's my goal," Rose told The Courant on Tuesday. "It's going to come down to where I fit best."

Rose, a 6-foot-4, 221-pound tight end and quarterback, also had offers from Boston College, Maryland, N.C. State and West Virginia among others.

Wake and Wisconsin are recruiting Rose as a tight end. He could be an either or at the UConn and Syracuse.

Rose could be quite an example for future homegrown products looking to leave the state for greener pastures.

"Well, I've been talking to a lot of kids that have committed to UConn in the 2016 class and almost every single one of the kids committed is a three-star player or higher," Rose said. "I think UConn has a special class coming in in 2016 and it's really keeping me intrigued. If we could be the class that turns the UConn program around in my home state that would be awesome. I'd be 40 minutes from home. I mean UConn has a lot offer when it comes to that stuff."

After two seasons of playing tight end, Rose led the undefeated Blue Knights to their second consecutive Class LL state title in December and he had a blowout season throwing for 3,190 passing yards and 47 touchdowns with only nine interceptions which led to serious interest from top programs.

Reaction Score
Love the fact that he disregarded Maryland and BC already... Sounds like this kid could be the "R.K.G." for Diaco's Huksies.

Also, let's say we got this kid- what happens to Tyler Davis in that case?
First line - both BC and MD have multiple verbals at his two positions, so it becomes easy to eliminate them.

Second line - not a thing happens to Davis. You need damn good QB's so 2 this year and 2 next year at the least to build competetive depth Davis will have the leg up on any 2016 recruit. You hope he RS this year so you have 4 full. Then you hope you RS one of the 2016 QB's. These kids are not afraid to compete. They play FBS FB. They have the drive. If it is an issue for Davis, it opens up a scholly for someone else.

Reaction Score
The Newsome quotes have me really excited. "Timid" is exactly how i would have described his play last year. If the bulb comes on, watch out!!!
I think putting the ball on the ground as often as he did caused some of that. The kid has plenty of talent, quickness and ability. I think he is ready to be a star here. Get him the ball in many different ways. The "gadget" title kind of player comes to mind with him.

Reaction Score
Dez may have finally realized he needs to actually work for a living and is actually covering and writing some material. Go figure.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
To me, Jasen Rose sounds like a basketball name. (think of a certain Fab Five alum.) UConn is known as a basketball school so....?

Reaction Score
Love the fact that he disregarded Maryland and BC already... Sounds like this kid could be the "R.K.G." for Diaco's Huksies.

Also, let's say we got this kid- what happens to Tyler Davis in that case?
What happens to Tyler Davis is he competes for a position like they do in most all football programs. No slam here Nutmeg but this is not a new science. :) To get where we would like to be you need depth and competition at every position. They are always one play away from next man up!
I hope he comes here as he has a Dan O mind set. Just what we need at this time of starting over again. If Tyler has the footballs that it takes he will say "bring it on! GO UCONN! "

Reaction Score
What happens to Tyler Davis is he competes for a position like they do in most all football programs. No slam here Nutmeg but this is not a new science. :) To get where we would like to be you need depth and competition at every position. They are always one play away from next man up!
I hope he comes here as he has a Dan O mind set. Just what we need at this time of starting over again. If Tyler has the footballs that it takes he will say "bring it on! GO UCONN! "
Well said, and the exact mind set all new freshmen need to have, regardless of school and level of competition.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Des blocked me too. I don't recall every saying anything overly negative about him personally before the block (I did post-block). But who knows, he is sensitive and doesn't like his opinion challenged. Eh, whatever. I just hope he doesn't let his coverage slip because he has decided to take crusade against the Boneyard for whatever reason.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Back to football...it would be incredibly exciting if Rose stayed home. #ProteCT

Davis' future is not impacted whatsoever. It's refreshing to know that we're actually trying to build some depth at QB after last year.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score

...and the right way to approach it.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Speaking of Des, whatever happened to the "Mailbag" column he was doing a few years back?
THAT...was a waste of time. He never wanted to answer anything remotely borderline questionable because quite frankly, he didn't know squat.

Reaction Score
THAT...was a waste of time. He never wanted to answer anything remotely borderline questionable because quite frankly, he didn't know squat.
He would post "The Question" once a week. "The Question" was when is game two of the Notre Dame series? Awesome questions from The Mailbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom