3/16 GT | The Boneyard

3/16 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Ward getting roughed up in the 2nd. Started with a BB, HBP and a bunt single to load the bases with no outs. Still no outs, now 3-0 UAB. I think runners on the corners. Really need to get out of this at no worse than 4-0

mets1090

Reaction Score
Another BB to load the bases with the 2 hitter coming up. They could potentially lose the game in this inning.

He struck out the side in the 1st inning.

mets1090

Reaction Score
4-0 now. Still loaded with 1 out now. Double play would do wonders here.

mets1090

Reaction Score
This is turning into a circus. Down 7-0, Tabakman now pitching. Runners on 1st and 2nd. They throw behind the runner at 1st and catch him off the base. Fuller runs him all the way to 2nd and just never throws the ball to make it 2nd and 3rd. Ground ball gets them out of it though.

So a 7 run deficit heading to the bottom of the 2nd. Gonna go ahead and call this thread dead unless they start rallying. They play Coastal Carolina tomorrow at 1.

Reaction Score
A very uncharacteristic type start for Ward, hope this was just a bad outing and he is not pitching with an injury. A glaring difference from the past two years is the number of different line-ups/batting orders. How do the players start to gel when you can't count on that day to day? We beat a good ranked Oklahoma team, did that not work?

UConn is now 6-9 and can not afford to lose again this weekend - 2 and 1 would be a good result. To put the this season in perspective, we lost 20 games in 2011 and 16 in 2010 INCLUDING regionals & Big East playoffs. The team will now have more pressure during the week to win OOC games and is not in the position to lose many (if any) of those games.

Challenging results so far in 2012. We can only hope the team gets better and begins to win weekend series. Tomorrow brings another opportunity for a step in that direction.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Just one of those days where the pitcher's don't have it. Hopefully Ward isn't hurt and, like I said, just didn't have it. If they take the next two this weekend and beat Yale to get to .500 heading into Big East play, I'll be OK with the results. We just need to start stringing together some W's. I think the talent is there but unfortunately we might be a year away from being ready to show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom