3/11 game thread (Oregon, starting at 6:00) | The Boneyard

3/11 game thread (Oregon, starting at 6:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Oregon State is beating Oklahoma 11-7 in the top of the 8th, and Illinois is crushing WVU. OSU and OU have combined to make 7 errors.

Reaction Score
Audio on my computer not working. Looks like the game is not on gametracker. Can someone please periodically post updates. Thanks

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
The game is on gametracker. Google "college baseball scores" and the 1st result will take you to a site with a working gametracker.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
After 1, Oregon leads 1-0 despite UConn getting three hits to UO's 1. Marzi is pitching.

Oregon does this **** every game, I swear. They hit like a little league softball team but smallball apparently beats us. And we still cannot score when we get runners in scoring positions.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We are hitting more batters. 2-0 Oregon...more small ball by the ducks. They win, but are unwatchable.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We hit into yet another double play. The pitcher we are facing has a +5 ERA...this offense is unacceptable.

Reaction Score
I tried to listen on the the Oregon site, but they want eight bucks and 20 minutes to sign up. If you have a link please please post.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Sorry, I couldn't find one. We played like crap and lost 4-0 to a good, but very beatable team. Didn't hit AT ALL.

Marzi pitched well, but we made two more errors in the field.

Reaction Score
Not happy we lost today, but if we can get a win against Seattle I would be satisfied with a 3 - 2 weekend. I see on the Warren Nolan site that they have us scheduled for a game at Sacred Heart on Tuesday. Seems a little odd . It is not on the Uconn husky site schedule. Seems like a mistake to me. We need to hit more ( obviously). Hopefully we can get our bats going. Also a little surprised about our fielding. We are making a lot of errors. We have 4 winnable games over the next week ( 5 if we are actually playing Sacred Heart). If we get over .500 before we head to our BE / northeast ooc schedule I think we will be ok.

I figure we need to win 2/3 of our total games prior to the BE tourney to have a legitimate shot at NCAA tourney. With a 57 game schedule ( I believe), we need to get to the 35- 40 win range ( if we do not win BE tourney) to be considered a NCAA tourney team candidate.

Reaction Score
Our pitcher throws eight quality innings and we don't go to the bullpen for the last inning? What happens - pinch hit HR first batter a total of 3 hits, one error in RF, and an additional two runs. I know we only had 4 hits on the day but being down four is a little different than being down two in your last at bat. I found it interesting that UConn had plenty of bullpen options with only one game left on the trip and we leave our starter out there to finish.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Wouldn't surprise me if Penders wanted to see how far he could push Marzi. Or if he's trying to build his arm strength for the Big East run. Whether or not I agree with that depends on the situation and the pitcher which I can't really attest to in this case but I think it may have been a factor. Penders typically pushes his pitchers deep into games late in the season. It's gotta start some time.

Reaction Score
After 1, Oregon leads 1-0 despite UConn getting three hits to UO's 1. Marzi is pitching.

Oregon does this **** every game, I swear. They hit like a little league softball team but smallball apparently beats us. And we still cannot score when we get runners in scoring positions.

So true and so very frustrating. Three games since tourney in '10. Three losses, zero wins. Each game there for the taking. Can't defend against bunts, can't stop them from manufacturing runs, leave a ton of runners on base and in scoring position, can't get a key hit and the most opportune instances. Very frustrating, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom