2nd Random Question- Poll #2

Who is the better player right now?

• Sanogo

Votes: 94 77.7%
  • Clingan

Votes: 27 22.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I’m not implying one over the other, but we have 2 dominant Centers, which begs the question: who is the better player right now? Sanogo or Clingan?

Reaction Score
Looking at the original post, the better question may be, “who impacts the game more when they are playing?” I would imagine the poll results would be pretty close.

Reaction Score
I would say Sanogo to both questions. Sanogo is a bruiser that wears down the opposing center and then they have face a fresh Clingan. Clingan is great off the bench with the minutes he gets, but if he plays starter minutes on a game to game basis he would probably wear down and not be as effective (diminishing returns). Playing the minutes per game that he does maximizes his effectiveness as he can play all out without having to conserve energy.
but hell, they are the best center tandem in the country and we are blessed to have both:)

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I don't think it begs the question. Why don't we discuss how our two big men are better than all other big man in the conference or country? It's like the other post which is asking how does an opponent shut down our team? To each his own but why are we comparing our own players or trying to figure out how to defend them? Why don't we figure out how to defend other teams? Btw, I have identical twins and I have been comparing them for 29 years.

Reaction Score
I don't think it begs the question. Why don't we discuss how our two big men are better than all other big man in the conference or country? It's like the other post which is asking how does an opponent shut down our team? To each his own but why are we comparing our own players or trying to figure out how to defend them? Why don't we figure out how to defend other teams? Btw, I have identical twins and I have been comparing them for 29 years.
Lie Hey Adrien’s scouting reports

Reaction Score
When MJ was at UNC (and after) it was often joked that the only person who can stop Jordan is Dean Smith. At times it feels like the only person who can stop Clingan is DH.

In my opinion anyone who thinks AS is better than DC is lying to themselves. AS gets more minutes. Also, when a team cannot guard AS he's going to ruthlessly attack. The difference is, against the better teams AS can and will be slowed down. Maybe even shut down. We've seen this his whole career. On the other hand, I've yet to see anyone physically capable of matching up with Clingan. Maybe the center on Arizona can. Probably the center on Purdue can. Short of those guys, Clingan does what Clingam does. Regardless of the opposition.

Reaction Score
We all love the shiny new toy that is Donovan, but c’mon, it’s Adama.

Conference play is its own beast, and Adama’s been through it twice. Donovan has never before been through a season as physically demanding as this one will be in his basketball life, and his minutes and game situations have been handled well to put him in the right spots and match-ups. It’s only December. There is so much basketball left to be played, and even huge dudes get beat up.

He’s as ready as he could possibly be, because of how he’s prepared and how they’ve prepared him, including going toe to toe with Adama for months. Donovan has embraced every challenge and played better than most people expected up to this point and good for him!

I also like how this can be used in future recruiting- no big should be worried about earning minutes if they play well, no matter who is starting or already on the roster.

Reaction Score
They are very different players with different skill sets. Adama is a better player but Clingan may be a more impactful player.

Reaction Score
Cling Kong definitely benefits from Sanogos work. He gets to come in and devastate either a tired starter or a back up center who aren’t ready comfortable the major change up they face when DC comes in. It seems to shock them every time. DC would likely have foul and fatigue issues if he were starting until he’s stronger and has a bit more experience. It’s probably the best way to develop DC. He’s a benefiting big time from the situation.

But I absolutely LOVE that we have this problem!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom