2nd half foul timeline | The Boneyard

2nd half foul timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I re-watched the second half this morning (glutton for punishment?) and made a very interesting observation regarding the foul count in the second half. Clearly skewed once UConn got into the bonus...

13:35
UConn was in ALREADY in the bonus (7 UL fouls) at this time because we did a good job of getting into the lane early in the second half. UConn had 5 fouls against them at the time.

13:02
The no-call that was obviously a foul on Giffey's shot should have put UL at 8 team fouls, 2 fouls away from us being in the DOUBLE BONUS very early into the second half.
INSTEAD, no-call, 2 techs on Ollie and then all of a sudden UL was in the bonus (7 UConn fouls).

10:08
UL gets into double bonus on ticky-tack call on Kromah. Bazz's foul early was also BS.

5:07
UL FINALLY picks up their 10th foul to put UConn in the double bonus after having 7 fouls at the 14 min mark.

From 13:02-10:08 - UConn called for 5 fouls in under 3 minutes to get UL to bonus and double bonus
From 13:02-5:07 - UL called for 3 fouls in ~8 minutes to FINALLY get UConn to double bonus after having early foul advantage.

Not only could we have cut ULs lead to 7, but UConn would have had momentum, big foul advantage and and we're a SUPERB free throw shooting team.
INSTEAD, no-call, UL lead to 14. No momentum for UConn, no KO coaching, and foul DISADVANTAGE.

NOT ONLY THAT, but the Bonus/Double Bonus differential was HUGE because of how the fouls were called in UL's favor AFTER the no-call incident as well.

Food for thought for those saying that the officials weren't responsible for us losing the game.
I'm still incensed.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i kept wondering how russ kept getting away with pushing off on offensive and molesting our players on defense

Reaction Score
The difference between there is high ball screen is evident. One: they have a huge white guy. Two: 50% of them are moving screens. We should have learned what was going to be called and set better balls screens. Ours were way to easy to fight through.

Reaction Score
The difference between there is high ball screen is evident. One: they have a huge white guy. Two: 50% of them are moving screens. We should have learned what was going to be called and set better balls screens. Ours were way to easy to fight through.

For on, our guys are pretty crappy screeners... Also, the call on Bazz "early" was most definitely a foul. To me the issue was not what was called against us, but what was not called against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom