28 Consecutive Seasons | The Boneyard

28 Consecutive Seasons

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Consistent excellence. 2012-13 was an "off year" for a while, as N.D. edged us out for the Big East regular season and tournament titles, generally in excruciating losses. But by late March, the Breanna Stewart Reign of Terror had begun. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It is a wonderful streak that hopefully continues forever. But as Geno also acknowledged after last night’s game, UConn fans are spoiled. Hopefully, UConn WBB can spoil us even more by bringing home a 12th banner this season.

Reaction Score
It is a wonderful streak that hopefully continues forever. But as Geno also acknowledged after last night’s game, UConn fans are spoiled. Hopefully, UConn WBB can spoil us even more by bringing home a 12th banner this season.
I want to be spoiled, very spoiled. I long to be spoiled (I'm there already). Despite the virus, this is pretty good, eh? (Sorry to the would be Canadians out there...)

Reaction Score
It is a little hard to pick which single measure best shows how good the Uconn women have been. This one borders on unbelievable but so do many others.

Like not losing back to back games for what 27 or 28 years, about a thousand games, and before any current player was born!

Or 12 straight final fours. Or being ranked number 1 at some point of the year in every one of the last 9 years. Or that their worst year since the first championship was 25-8 and being ranked 13th. Or never losing a game in the American Conference etc. etc. Each and every one of those would be hard for any other program to fathom.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Currently UConn has a Conference consecutive win streak of 155 when you combine the AAC's 139 and the BE current 16. The 139 includes both regular season and Conference tournament wins. Texas holds the record for Conference wins of 143 when they were in the Southwest Conference. I don't know if UConn would now be considered for the record because it combines the two conference's. If the NCAA goes by just conference wins then I would say they do hold the record.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
It is a little hard to pick which single measure best shows how good the Uconn women have been. This one borders on unbelievable but so do many others.

Like not losing back to back games for what 27 or 28 years, about a thousand games, and before any current player was born!

Or 12 straight final fours. Or being ranked number 1 at some point of the year in every one of the last 9 years. Or that their worst year since the first championship was 25-8 and being ranked 13th. Or never losing a game in the American Conference etc. etc. Each and every one of those would be hard for any other program to fathom.
All those are remarkable, and with the growing parity in wcbb, some may never be broken .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom