247Sports' college basketball Midseason All-Transfer team | The Boneyard

247Sports' college basketball Midseason All-Transfer team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cam Spencer on the 2nd team. I don't see Nick Timberlake anywhere. :)

G CAM SPENCER, UCONN HUSKIES

Numbers to know: 15.2 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 45.6% from 3-point range

Cam Spencer gives UConn a nasty edge it didn't need but undoubtedly loves. Spencer isn't scared of anybody, and he plays like it. The Rutgers transfer has fit right in alongside Tristen Newton in UConn's backcourt, giving Dan Hurley a secondary playmaker and big-time floor-spacer who has been well-coached at other stops. Spencer has steadied the ship for a Husky team that lost Donovan Clingan and Stephon Castle to injuries at various points of the season.

Spencer's shooting splits are absurd: 89% from the free throw line, 57% on 2s and over 45% from 3-point range on 90 attempts. Spencer's 67% true shooting percentage is the fifth-best mark nationally. Stud.

Reaction Score
Cam has exceeded most or all of my expectations so far. Super valuable piece of the team and a great culture fit under Hurley

Some fun facts..
Cam Spencer is averaging 4.1x more points than Timberlake, 2.6x more rebounds, 6.6x the assists, shooting 17.5 points higher FG percentage / 18.6 points higher 3P / 31.8 points higher FT

:)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Some fun facts..
Cam Spencer is averaging 4.1x more points than Timberlake, 2.6x more rebounds, 6.6x the assists, shooting 17.5 points higher FG percentage / 18.6 points higher 3P / 31.8 points higher FT

:)
But Timby has that sweet ride.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When he went to Kansas I felt he did it because of the money he could make this year since he won't be playing professionally past this year..........

This is a true statement.

Reaction Score
I have to admit that when I heard Cam was transferring here I was ambivalent. Watching some Rutgers games (being a NJ resident with a lot of Rutgers alumni in my area), I wasn't too impressed.

He fits our team & system so well.

I wish he had more eligibility now!

Reaction Score
When he went to Kansas I felt he did it because of the money he could make this year since he won't be playing professionally past this year..........
He is going to have a long pro career, in Australia

Reaction Score
Spencer #3 on this updated list, behind Dickinson and David Jones of Memphis. Would be interesting to compare to the rankings of all the transfers before the season started.

3. G Cam Spencer, UConn

The Buzz: When UConn is clicking on all cylinders, they are on the short list for best team in the country. And with that, the Huskies are now No. 1 in the A.P. Poll. Rutgers transfer Cam Spencer has been a steady force for UConn all season. His three-point shooting has created spacing and his passing ability has kept the ball moving. Spencer is a career 41.7 percent three-point shooter with 230 makes. This season he is averaging 15.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.5 steals with 51.4/46.8/87.5 shooting splits.

Reaction Score
Spencer #3 on this updated list, behind Dickinson and David Jones of Memphis. Would be interesting to compare to the rankings of all the transfers before the season started.

3. G Cam Spencer, UConn

The Buzz: When UConn is clicking on all cylinders, they are on the short list for best team in the country. And with that, the Huskies are now No. 1 in the A.P. Poll. Rutgers transfer Cam Spencer has been a steady force for UConn all season. His three-point shooting has created spacing and his passing ability has kept the ball moving. Spencer is a career 41.7 percent three-point shooter with 230 makes. This season he is averaging 15.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.5 steals with 51.4/46.8/87.5 shooting splits.

not sure if this is accurate but this 247 list had Cam ranked #114

Reaction Score

3. G Cam Spencer, UConn

The Buzz: When UConn is clicking on all cylinders,

Have we clicked on all cylinders yet? I don’t think we have

Reaction Score
No, Clingan and Castle have yet to play together while they're 100% and in game shape.
That kind of statement engenders optimism within me that usually ends badly............so I'm pretending it was never said!

Reaction Score
I love his production! However…….my favorite thing about him is that he’s right in the middle of every scrum on the court. I really think he would take a punch from Tyson for a W!

Reaction Score
One thing I was worried about coming into this year was who was going to be the emotional leader. Last year we had an edge and toughness to us. Had no idea that Cam was going to be that edge.

Reaction Score
When you look back at his Rutgers stats, they are very similar to his UConn stats with some improvement this year. It makes me wonder why people didn't rank him higher.

2023 min = 32.1, FG% = 51.4%, 3 Pt% = 46.8%, FT% = 87.5%, Reb = 4.2, Assists = 3.3, Steals = 1.5, TO = 1.2, Pts/game = 15.6
2022 min = 31.5, FG% = 44.4%, 3 Pt% = 43.4%, FT% = 89.4%, Reb = 3.8, Assists = 3.1, Steals = 2.0, TO = 1.4, Pts/game = 13.2

Reaction Score
Cam Spencer on the 2nd team. I don't see Nick Timberlake anywhere. :)

G CAM SPENCER, UCONN HUSKIES

Numbers to know: 15.2 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 45.6% from 3-point range

Cam Spencer gives UConn a nasty edge it didn't need but undoubtedly loves. Spencer isn't scared of anybody, and he plays like it. The Rutgers transfer has fit right in alongside Tristen Newton in UConn's backcourt, giving Dan Hurley a secondary playmaker and big-time floor-spacer who has been well-coached at other stops. Spencer has steadied the ship for a Husky team that lost Donovan Clingan and Stephon Castle to injuries at various points of the season.

Spencer's shooting splits are absurd: 89% from the free throw line, 57% on 2s and over 45% from 3-point range on 90 attempts. Spencer's 67% true shooting percentage is the fifth-best mark nationally. Stud.

I can't read the article but I am hard-pressed to believe there are 5 players who have had a bigger impact on their teams than Cam. And for a top notch program to boot.

Reaction Score
I've said elsewhere that he and Newton are essentially the platonic ideal for transfers: they fix an issue, fit the culture, etc.

Reaction Score
Cam is the real deal. Can't wait for BE Tournament and March Madness with this crazy dude.

Reaction Score
I can't read the article but I am hard-pressed to believe there are 5 players who have had a bigger impact on their teams than Cam. And for a top notch program to boot.
Why can't you read the article? There's no paywall and I just opened it with no issues. Just curious what issue you're having.

Plus you should read the article I posted today.

Reaction Score
If the season ended today Cam is likely the MVP so far. He has been by far the most consistent. I got laughed at for saying he should be in discussion for BE player of the year, but he and Alex are both solidly in a small group for consideration right now. We might be too balanced for anyone on our team to win it, but Kolek won it last year without posting gaudy #'s so they do seem to give an edge to the best player on the best team.

Reaction Score
Why can't you read the article? There's no paywall and I just opened it with no issues. Just curious what issue you're having.

Plus you should read the article I posted today.
Said I needed a subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds