2021 Recruiting: 247 Updated Rankings & Targets

-
We should offer Casey Simmons as a shooting guard prospect in 2021. He’s playing ball in nearby Mass and is really good. He should be our plan B for Hawkins.

He has a way higher upside than Poplar or Blakes, and would be a better fit.

Mass high school ball is a joke compared to Jersey

Mass high school ball is a joke compared to Jersey
Simmons is a real talent regardless of where he plays. We should offer him even though he cut his list of 7 recently. He is similar to Bouk and Lamb.

PS: James Bouknight played high school ball in Massachusetts.

PS: Not a fan of Jersey guards for the most part.

Simmons is a real talent regardless of where he plays. We should offer him even though he cut his list of 7 recently. He is similar to Bouk and Lamb.

NEPSAC levels have nothing to do with state. I'd ignore that.

Your thing against Jersey guards is inexplicable and hilarious. Do you realize players from Jersey have a wide range of skills in any given year... just like everywhere else?

Ps: your second ps should be pps

Yeah Jalen Brunson would've tanked our program.
Brunson grew up in Jersey as a kid but went to Stevenson in the Chicago suburbs. The point remains the same, there are good players everywhere and Jersey produces a lot more of them than the majority of states.

Yeah Jalen Brunson would've tanked our program.
Brunson played his high school ball in Illinois and became a big time player there not in Jersey. It’s about where they play not where they’re originally from.

I’m a fan of guards that come out of NY, Mass/New England, and PA/DMV. The Midwest and Cali are also good places to search for guards.

Jersey guards are highly overrated. Calhoun knew this that’s why he rarely looked there. We need to stick to a winning formula.

Brunson played his high school ball in Illinois and became a big time player there not in Jersey. It’s about where they play not where they’re originally from.

I’m a fan of guards that come out of NY, Mass/New England, and PA/DMV. The Midwest and Cali are also good places to search for guards.

Jersey guards are highly overrated. Calhoun knew this that’s why he rarely looked there. We need to stick to a winning formula.
Did a Jersey PG bang your girlfriend or something? Piss in your Cheerios? It’s the single most bizarre hill I’ve ever seen anyone die on in BY history.

Personally I detest Nebraska power forwards. Iowa, Kansas, Colorado, South Dakota (and whatever other random state surrounds it) 4’s are legit but Nebraskas all highly overrated and you can’t win with them.

I like PGs who played HS BB in Wisconsin...LOL..The ball doesn't lie..If you can handle the rock..You can handle the rock..Know what I'm sayin'?

Last edited:
Northwestern is a great school. My fave B1G school. I was lucky enough to do a 12 week, company paid management development grad program at Kellogg. Love Chicago and Evanston especially from May to July when I was studying there ... back in the stone age.

Good for him if he's not gonna be a Husky.

UConn will not lose one guard to graduation after the season, so there is no glaring hole the Huskies will have to fill. Then again, if James Bouknight has a breakout season, chances are that the rising sophomore could jump to the NBA and leave a hole in the backcourt. It is for those reasons that the Huskies have invested plenty of time with some of the very best in the 2021 class and while the miss on El Ellis last week hurt some, all is not lost in Storrs.

Dan Hurley and his staff sit in a very good spot with a bevy of the best guards and wings along the east coast including Rahsool Diggins, Trevor Keels, Jordan Riley, Jaylen Blakes, Jordan Hawkins, Quincy Allen and Jakai Robinson. It seems that a bigger shot-maker is the route they would like to take, which leads them to the DMV area. Diggins and Keels may be tough, while the higher academics have intrigued Blakes, but Hawkins, Allen and Robinson are three that the Huskies could have some traction with. Keep an eye on Robinson, and while Clemson and Seton Hall are also heavily involved, the Huskies should be monitored.

Basketball Recruiting - Twitter Tuesday: Chet Holmgren, Alex Tchikou, Georgia Tech

Hawkins, Allen and Robinson are three that the Huskies could have some traction with. Keep an eye on Robinson
great to hear Hawkins and Allen mentioned. probably the two highest rated recruits we have a realistic shot at.

Robinson is interesting, hadnt heard his name come up at all since he was offered

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!

Lamb is a great comp for Simmons.

DB24MTN

UConn 2019 NCAA Champions
Listen, I’m no genius but committing to UConn the day we return to the big east would be legendary.

No, I’m not an insider, not am I saying this is going to happen. All I’m saying is that someone should give it some thought and let it fly.

There is a 247 article on Trevor Keels’ recruitment behind a paywall. Given that th recent Rivals article said we are still recruiting him heavily I am curious if The Good Guys were mentioned in this article?