247 right now | The Boneyard

247 right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we are ranked #50 class and #57 comp class

we are ranked the 8th best class in the acc. yea....

souts hate for us now is going to kill our comp raings fwiw

lol

Reaction Score
This was hardly one of his worst.

We're ranked 50th according to 247. 57th using composite rankings.

That would make us the 8th in the ACC.

The reason our composite rankings are not better is because Scout doesn't like us, "for what it's worth."

Lough out loud.

Reaction Score
This was hardly one of his worst.

We're ranked 50th according to 247. 57th using composite rankings.

That would make us the 8th in the ACC.

The reason our composite rankings are not better is because Scout doesn't like us, "for what it's worth."

Well, I was in fact able to understand your post, thank you, so there must be a difference.

I don't ever bash people for just typos, and HFD adds a ton to these boards, but there is a point where lack of clear English will cause people not to understand. On that one, he lost me.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i was just playing around as there was a glitch on 247. thats all. they had us as a acc team so it bumped out rankings during the glitch. lol relax guys

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Well, I was in fact able to understand your post, thank you, so there must be a difference.

I don't ever bash people for just typos, and HFD adds a ton to these boards, but there is a point where lack of clear English will cause people not to understand. On that one, he lost me.

Maybe Barbara Billingsley can help?

Reaction Score
Husky dan
Just to update you on Elliot. Started out slowly, but started against army and navy. They won both. We 're waiting to hear. Possibles include central ct, southern ct , Merrimack. Will keep,you posted.

Reaction Score
If this holds up I'm pretty sure it'll be our highest ranked class. I'd rather have wins, but at least this is something. 10 years ago I never thought we'd be this close to a school like Miami in class ranking, although I think that says more about their decline than our rise.

Reaction Score
If this holds up I'm pretty sure it'll be our highest ranked class. I'd rather have wins, but at least this is something. 10 years ago I never thought we'd be this close to a school like Miami in class ranking, although I think that says more about their decline than our rise.

Not to be Debbie Downer but class ranking from recruiting sites are nothing to get excited about. This class should be judged in 5 years.

Randy Edsalls recruiting classes were far better than their rankings by "analysts".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Not to be Debbie Downer but class ranking from recruiting sites are nothing to get excited about. This class should be judged in 5 years.

Randy Edsalls recruiting classes were far better than their rankings by "analysts".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

but then what do we talk about for the next 5 years?

Reaction Score

Sooooo are you excited about our class from 5 years ago?

Obviously class rankings are bunk, but it's the only thing we have to talk about right now that doesn't make me want to strangle something. Also perception is reality in college football media. Even after beating South Carolina soundly all we heard about was how much more talented that SEC team was. Rutgers had good class rankings, and all of the sudden some people think they're a power despite only mild success. As much as we'd all like to think college football is all about wins and losses, we can see from all the recent realignment that it's not

pj

Reaction Score
Let's see ... 2008 class ... http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/commitments/2008 ... Only had three 3*s but produced a ton of starters for us ... Dwayne Gratz, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Trevardo Williams, Sio Moore, Ryan Wirth, Jordan Todman, Adam Masters, Jimmy Bennett, Michael Smith, Ryan Griffin, John Delahunt, Jory Johnson, Teddy Jennings ... yeah I'm excited about this class. Could be the best recruiting class ever at UConn.

Reaction Score
Let's see ... 2008 class ... http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/commitments/2008 ... Only had three 3*s but produced a ton of starters for us ... Dwayne Gratz, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Trevardo Williams, Sio Moore, Ryan Wirth, Jordan Todman, Adam Masters, Jimmy Bennett, Michael Smith, Ryan Griffin, John Delahunt, Jory Johnson, Teddy Jennings ... yeah I'm excited about this class. Could be the best recruiting class ever at UConn.

And some of these guys went 10-14 in their last two years. Yea best class ever.

Good class for producing some solid starters and NFL prospects? Quite possibly. But the program hasn't exactly grown or gone anywhere the last two years. If this is the best class EVER, their last two years should have produced far better results IMO.

Reaction Score

Makes ya wonder what would have happended if Erik Kuraczea was able to hang in there... That was a killer.

Reaction Score

Good class for producing some solid starters and NFL prospects? Quite possibly. But the program hasn't exactly grown or gone anywhere the last two years. If this is the best class EVER, their last two years should have produced far better results IMO.
It's about the QB or the lack of development thereof - that's the only separation. Box, Nebrich, McCummings were taken as D1 prospects and where did all that go? Edsall doing the same thing down in MD now. Good surrounding players, but no QB. The one he had quit.

So now without a stud RB, maybe not going to the NFL, the QB situation is exacerbated.

Reaction Score

Note what was not listed amongst those players: A QB. We haven't recruited one of them in 8 years that could be called "good". (jury out on whitmer, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom