MHver3 | The Boneyard

MHver3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1:36 PM - 20 Sep 12 · Details

MHver3@MHver3
@theDudeofWV it's more about espn gutting the BE.

MHver3@MHver3
And now ... The espn propaganda machine will begin the "Big 12 needs to expand to keep up" barrage.

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV
@MHver3 Explain please. My info is TOTALLY different from yours. Unless its a smokescreen...

MHver3@MHver3
@theDudeofWV they want us to take at least 2 BE teams. If we take four and it keeps their precious ACC safe? Even better!

@MHver3 So let me play along and ask who are the most valuable schools in the Big East?

MHver3@MHver3
@theDudeofWV Louisville and Rutgers. Then Uconn and USF.

1:15 PM - 20 Sep 12 · Details

MHver3@MHver3
@theDudeofWV uh no... Maybe over 10 years. And that's about what they're offering before championship game rev.

MHver3@MHver3
@theDudeofWV just pay attention to what the announcers on our conferences espn games in the coming weeks. Pressure tactics.

MHver3@MHver3
@Ruknighttime $$$$. We and others may have to play catch up. Poor ACC. They're out of options.

MHver3@MHver3
@Ruknighttime not sure on meeting date yet- I wasn't told that. Sec project x may reset the market.

MHver3@MHver3
@WVNation u dont have to believe what I say I make nothing up. All I report is shared with me. I'm right a lot more than I get credit for.

Reaction Score
1:36 PM - 20 Sep 12 · Details

MHver3@MHver3
@theDudeofWV it's more about espn gutting the BE.

MHver3@MHver3
And now ... The espn propaganda machine will begin the "Big 12 needs to expand to keep up" barrage.

@MHver3 Explain please. My info is TOTALLY different from yours. Unless its a smokescreen...

MHver3@MHver3
@theDudeofWV they want us to take at least 2 BE teams. If we take four and it keeps their precious ACC safe? Even better!

@MHver3 So let me play along and ask who are the most valuable schools in the Big East?

MHver3@MHver3
@theDudeofWV Louisville and Rutgers. Then Uconn and USF.

1:15 PM - 20 Sep 12 · Details

MHver3@MHver3
@theDudeofWV uh no... Maybe over 10 years. And that's about what they're offering before championship game rev.

MHver3@MHver3
@theDudeofWV just pay attention to what the announcers on our conferences espn games in the coming weeks. Pressure tactics.

MHver3@MHver3
@Ruknighttime $$$$. We and others may have to play catch up. Poor ACC. They're out of options.

MHver3@MHver3
@Ruknighttime not sure on meeting date yet- I wasn't told that. Sec project x may reset the market.

MHver3@MHver3
@WVNation u dont have to believe what I say I make nothing up. All I report is shared with me. I'm right a lot more than I get credit for.

Is Rutgers really more valuable than UConn? I have never seen anything factual suggesting that. The only leaked info about program value said WVU and UConn were the most valuable Big East schools. It makes no sense. Our revenue blows theirs away and our name recognition is huge comparatively. I think these guys are just making everything up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is Rutgers really more valuable than UConn? I have never seen anything factual suggesting that. The only leaked info about program value said WVU and UConn were the most valuable Big East schools. It makes no sense. Our revenue blows theirs away and our name recognition is huge comparatively. I think these guys are just making everything up.

Guys? Mhaver and dowv are probably one person.

Reaction Score
What do we know about MHver3? Is he just here to spread so many rumors he feels like he can take credit if one of them comes true? His Twitter followers increases when he spreads a rumor which makes him happy. Rinse. Repeat.

Reaction Score
When did the coon skin hat get traded for the tin foil one? Those subliminal messages from ESPN sure are powerful. We are all doomed because this guy interprets what is in between the lines.

Is MHver3 aware that WVU is part of the "47%" in the BIG XII? I give the utmost respect to WVU for how they acted following Jazz's death, but there are many other things since where these guys are delusional and plain silly. I'm kinda glad that mentality is gone because they aren't doing anything the Big XII doesn't already have. He sure thinks he is entitled to it all, and at the same time, he portrays himself as some sort of victim of the big bad ESPN.

Last time I checked, Mizzou, Nebraska, Colorado, and Texas A&M saw a way out while the rest of the BIG XII was thrown aside by the Texas-Oklahoma lobby. We should start up a collection for him so he can buy his meds before Mediocre and Soshall Suckur-ity (not a typo, actual Big XII programs funded by riding the coattails of Texas and Oklahoma) kicks in for that conference. Big XII: Entitlement programs are good when you don't have to do much or add value....and still get paid.

Anywhosies....bring on Memphis. I didn't say that we are lucky to be where we are, but I consider what we have does add value to any conference we are in and we don't need to get caught up in the realignment thing. Just keep building our product at the Univeristy of Connecticut, something we have much more control of and will be rewarded for in the long-term.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Mhver3 is right a lot. He seems to have an in with both WVU and a Big East athletic department.

He was right on ND, and he was right about the Big 12 deal, even pointing out that the initial reports on its size were inaccurate. The Dude of WV is just a fan with a blog.

None of this is all that surprising. We knew ESPN was going to come with guns blazing. We have to hope for 0 or 4 additions to the Big 12.

Reaction Score
From reading the WVU board over a period of time, the following seem to be the reasons for the perception of Rutgers being more valuable than UConn:
1) They've been playing 1-A football for a much longer period than newbie UConn (Though they've sucked at it for most of that same longer period)
2) The perception that Rutgers brings along with it the NY-NJ television market
3) Rutgers is a member of the AAU (which would bring up the collective I.Q. of the Big-12)
4) Rutgers won the first game of American Collegiate Football against Princeton (historic reference-then they've stunk up the joint for most of their football existence)

Reaction Score
I'm not joking when i say if rutgers finds a home before UConn i am giving up. That school is bleeding money and has NEVER won ANYTHING in ANY sport. Outside of New Brunswick, no one in the state cares about it. How do 10 national championships, 1 bcs bowl appearance, the 30th ranked media market with direct access and interest into NYC and an athletics department that actually make money get left out? This whole thing doesn't make any sense.

Having grown up in SJ I really hate Rutgers and the fact that its considered a viable addition to a confrence blows my mind.

Reaction Score
From reading the WVU board over a period of time, the following seem to be the reasons for the perception of Rutgers being more valuable than UConn:
1) They've been playing 1-A football for a much longer period than newbie UConn (Though they've sucked at it for most of that same longer period)
3) Rutgers is a member of the AAU (which would bring up the collective I.Q. of the Big-12)
4) Rutgers won the first game of American Collegiate Football against Princeton (historic reference-then they've stunk up the joint for most of their football existence)

So, they played football longer. The rest is nonsense and/or incorrect. Academically, UConn is now higher rated and rising while Rutgers is financially strapped. Our basketball prowess brings more eyeballs to the table than all Rutgers sports combined.

I think one of the reasons is simply that UConn has been considered an ACC lock so they never sold themselves on us.

U

UConn9604

The only thing that matters is 2).

Reaction Score
The closest Rutgers ever came to a national championship in any sport was that year. there were only 2 teams and Rutgers finished in a tie for first place. Been down hill ever since.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't even care what happens anymore. In my mind, the NBE is a sinking ship. We need a nice torpedo to finish it off. I'm convinced that we are one of the top properties left, and will end up in the ACC, BXII or B1G.

So anything that shakes things up and brings that day closer is a good thing.

Reaction Score
The fact that we have a thread dedicated to this guy is both sad and embarrassing.

All of the conference re-alignment boards are full of rumors, conjectures, wild-assed guesses, etc. It goes with the territory. I also look at it like the office grape vine---sometimes the stuff is true.

What's sad is that UConn is in this position.

Reaction Score
All of the conference re-alignment boards are full of rumors, conjectures, wild-assed guesses, etc. It goes with the territory. I also look at it like the office grape vine---sometimes the stuff is true.

What's sad is that UConn is in this position.

The guy has no credibility. 600 followers, and probably two thirds are fake and a good portion of the real people read this board. It's about as insular as you can get.

Reaction Score
The guy has no credibility. 600 followers, and probably two thirds are fake and a good portion of the real people read this board. It's about as insular as you can get.

Any more credibility than most bloggers on Sports Nation or Bleacher Report?

Reaction Score
Was thinking ....

The Atlantic Coast Conference now has a land locked team located in the mid west.
The Big Ten has has 12 teams.
The Big 12 has 10 teams. (sounds like a George Carlin routine)
The Big East will include teams in 4 time zones across the US.
The PAC 10 is now the PAC 12, at least they changed their name.

Seems like anything can and will happen.

Reaction Score
here are his latest tweets
“@MHver3: Has several BE schools at defcon 2”

“@MHver3: I've heard the figures currently on the table for the BigEast from espn are laughable. Could affect what NBC offers.”

“@MHver3: Espn stands to gain an enormous amount of basketball inventory if they can force expansion. Losing Georgetown and Villanova wouldn't matter.”

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Was thinking ....

The Atlantic Coast Conference now has a land locked team located in the mid west.
The Big Ten has has 12 teams.
The Big 12 has 10 teams. (sounds like a George Carlin routine)
The Big East will include teams in 4 time zones across the US.
The PAC 10 is now the PAC 12, at least they changed their name.

Seems like anything can and will happen.

I'll go further than that:

The Mid American Conference now has a member on the Atlantic Coast in New England.

The "Mountain" West now contains someone in the deep Pacific ocean (Hawaii).
The Sunbelt conference now contains Western Kentucky.

And yet we are the only ones who are apparently going to be made fun of for a name that doesn't reflect its membership...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
here are his latest tweets
“@MHver3: Has several BE schools at defcon 2”

“@MHver3: I've heard the figures currently on the table for the BigEast from espn are laughable. Could affect what NBC offers.”

“@MHver3: Espn stands to gain an enormous amount of basketball inventory if they can force expansion. Losing Georgetown and Villanova wouldn't matter.”

Why would ESPN bid up at this point? That's the whole point of an exclusive negotiating period. Lowball now, and try to get another league to damage the Big East some more. If no other league bites, I think ESPN spikes up its bid a week or two before Halloween. That will put the Big East to a tough decision.

This is going to be a very rough 6 weeks for UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Why would ESPN bid up at this point? That's the whole point of an exclusive negotiating period. Lowball now, and try to get another league to damage the Big East some more. If no other league bites, I think ESPN spikes up its bid a week or two before Halloween. That will put the Big East to a tough decision.

This is going to be a very rough 6 weeks for UConn fans.

exactly...to take it a step further. i see espn shoving some combination of cinci rutgers ul and uconn to the big 12 until they bite. If the exclusive negotiating window starts to close espn will pressure the ACC to take 2 more big east teams at which time the ACC will willingly comply with their master.

espn will do whatever it takes to get the league for dirt cheap or destroy it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
espn is going to get 4 of the 5 in the b12/acc and then help the bball schools split and sign with them in a power bball league. its obvious. hopefully sooner than later we can all be arguing about siena vs northeastern and enjoying our new life in college sports.

Reaction Score
exactly...to take it a step further. i see espn shoving some combination of cinci rutgers ul and uconn to the big 12 until they bite.

The problem for the B12: Louisville and UConn are profitable, but geographically make no sense to add alone. Rutgers could be a good program, but isn't. Cincy is not worth it. Taking all four would not be worth it really. Really, Rutgers-UConn-Louisville-BYU would make the most sense.... but BYU has such restrictions that it makes it difficult.

Reaction Score
Big 12 takes Louisville,USF,Cincinnati,Rutgers, and ACC takes Uconn expansion done for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom