24 huskies in NFL training camps | The Boneyard

24 huskies in NFL training camps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
11230463.jpg

Reaction Score
I really hope Donald Brown has a great year. From the general comments on the Chargers website, everyone thinks he's a huge bust, but I just don't think he's been given a full opportunity to show what he can do (or a good O-Line).

Reaction Score
I really hope Donald Brown has a great year. From the general comments on the Chargers website, everyone thinks he's a huge bust, but I just don't think he's been given a full opportunity to show what he can do (or a good O-Line).
They're not necessarily wrong. Look at it another way. If a 1st round draft pick from RU, SU, or BC had the same results as DB, would you consider him a bust?
We all (on this board) want to see him do well, of course, great kid, great career at UConn, we all root for the guy. He's having a nice run in the NFL, he's setting things up nicely for his family to live comfortably. However, being a 1st round pick, he unfortunately is in the "bust" category as it pertains to 1st rounders. He is with his third team, and has yet to take over and retain a starting position for any of them. Hopefully he stays in the league for many more years, stays healthy, gets meaningful run, and continues to get paid.

Reaction Score
They're not necessarily wrong. Look at it another way. If a 1st round draft pick from RU, SU, or BC had the same results as DB, would you consider him a bust?
We all (on this board) want to see him do well, of course, great kid, great career at UConn, we all root for the guy. He's having a nice run in the NFL, he's setting things up nicely for his family to live comfortably. However, being a 1st round pick, he unfortunately is in the "bust" category as it pertains to 1st rounders. He is with his third team, and has yet to take over and retain a starting position for any of them. Hopefully he stays in the league for many more years, stays healthy, gets meaningful run, and continues to get paid.

Injuries definitely hurt his playing time, but when he was the main back in Indy the last year he was there, with an ok line, he was looking like he did when he rushed for 2000 yards with us. I get that everyone probably wants him to perform immediately, but, at least to me, it looks like no one has given him a real chance. He seems to be one of those backs that get better the more carries he gets. Hopefully the Chargers use him a lot to save Gordon, but I doubt that's going to happen. Hope he ends up with the Patriots, so I can get another UConn grad Patriots jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom