24 hours of reflection... | The Boneyard

24 hours of reflection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
a win yesterday would have been awesome... But this team just isn't there yet.
having seen the first four games, Diaco has this team headed in the right direction.

A year ago, games against Villanova or army were pick-em. There is now visible separation from those programs.

Any positive gains this year are gravy. The team is buying what Diaco is selling. Even yesterday when the game was likely lost, this team battled. They came up short on some critical plays. That's going to happen on a team that is developing and growing. But that's the point. This team is growing and getting better.

Very excited about the talent and potential 4 games in.

Reaction Score
BD is trying to win this year. Last year he didn't even game plan.

The biggest difference is competent QB play. Sherriffs has a long way to go but compared to Whitmer, he's a Manning brother.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I said going in this year that I didn't care about wins and losses. I just wanted to see improvement:

1) a passing game with a pulse
2) no 30+ point losses
3) no games with 4 or 5 turnovers

I just wanted us to stop shooting ourselves in the foot constantly and look like an FBS program. So far, that has been accomplished. There has been improvement.

Next year I'm counting wins and losses ... but I'll gladly take any bowl this year if it happens.

Reaction Score
I said going in this year that I didn't care about wins and losses. I just wanted to see improvement:

1) a passing game with a pulse
2) no 30+ point losses
3) no games with 4 or 5 turnovers

I just wanted us to stop shooting ourselves in the foot constantly and look like an FBS program. So far, that has been accomplished. There has been improvement.

Next year I'm counting wins and losses ... but I'll gladly take any bowl this year if it happens.
Great post, totally agree. Going into games last year, I had a feeling we were going to lose. This year I feel we have a chance to win any game. Not saying we are getting 10 wins this year, but I would not be surprised with a win in any of the upcoming games.
Not big into moral victories, but if we can be competitive the rest of the year it would be a major improvement over last year. If we are competitive, I think we will get our share of wins. With team so young, a good recruiting class and another year with Balis. The future finally seems bright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom