2025 UConn Football Commit - Xavier Watson (Waverly New York) | The Boneyard

2025 UConn Football Commit - Xavier Watson (Waverly New York)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Xavier Watson is a 6-4 210lb WR/TE from Waverly High School in Waverly New York. Other offers from Air Force, Army, Bethune-Cookman, Colgate, Columbia, Cornell, Maine, Navy, New Hampshire and Temple.

As has been cited many times on this board, always good to have young men who have been offered by the Service Academies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Won the class C state championship in football and dominated.... lead his team in BB, also 4x100 relay guy. This remains me of the kind of under recruited small town kid we used to find under past regimes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've noticed that a number of our recent recruits seem to be really smart guys. I know that may not matter for wins and losses. Just an observation. I've noticed a few academies, Colgate a couple times, Ivy League schools. Those schools don't take poor students just because they are good football players. I wonder if that's a focus of Mora's to poach some of those players as under-recruited.

Reaction Score
I would think some players who are high 3* have not much chance to make immediate impact on P4 teams (and won't get recruited by big guys) so getting early playing time at UConn could be a good strategy. Red shirt, RSF play some, RSS show out, then 2 years to shine at top school/fit you can find. Tyler P's older brother seems like could have built better career (and got better by playing) with that plan.

Arch Manning is a RSF at Texas and could end up with 2 years of no playing time. Just think how buried you could be at some of this even middling P4 schools where you get recruited over and transferred over. Playing time is a valuable commodity.

Reaction Score
I would think some players who are high 3* have not much chance to make immediate impact on P4 teams (and won't get recruited by big guys) so getting early playing time at UConn could be a good strategy. Red shirt, RSF play some, RSS show out, then 2 years to shine at top school/fit you can find. Tyler P's older brother seems like could have built better career (and got better by playing) with that plan.

Arch Manning is a RSF at Texas and could end up with 2 years of no playing time. Just think how buried you could be at some of this even middling P4 schools where you get recruited over and transferred over. Playing time is a valuable commodity.
That’s why NIL is so important. Use NIL to get good players from the portal first and to retain good players second.

We don’t want to be the guys putting all the time and effort into development, then lose the players when they achieve.

Reaction Score
That’s why NIL is so important. Use NIL to get good players from the portal first and to retain good players second.

We don’t want to be the guys putting all the time and effort into development, then lose the players when they achieve.
In addition to the NIL, we have to start showing a track record of guys developed in Storrs making it to the league and sticking. Christian Haynes hopefully continues blazing that UConn-Mora trail. Besides this years guys, Travis Jones and who else played for Mora?

Reaction Score
In addition to the NIL, we have to start showing a track record of guys developed in Storrs making it to the league and sticking. Christian Haynes hopefully continues blazing that UConn-Mora trail. Besides this years guys, Travis Jones and who else played for Mora?
Unfortunately I'd say Joly is the best example for current landscape not a 4 year guy. Develop with PT then move to P5.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I'd say Joly is the best example for current landscape not a 4 year guy. Develop with PT then move to P5.
Yes, so the next Joly somehow has to look at his situation in Storrs and say this is the best place for me to continue my progress to the NFL.

Includes coaching, NIL and playing a "good enough" schedule. Scheduling may become problematic as the Conference landscape continues to evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom