2025 HG #7 UNCOMMIITTED Recruit: Zakiya Johnson | The Boneyard

2025 HG #7 UNCOMMIITTED Recruit: Zakiya Johnson

Reaction Score
No UConn recruiting connection at this time. Thus, posted on the General Board.

The 6-1 guard/Wing is being actively and aggressively recruited by her home state schools of Kentucky and Louisville which she has visited unofficially several times and may have made an official visit to Louisville already. Scheduled to visit LSU on first weekend in September.

Other finalists are SCar, U$C and Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Don’t quote me on this but I believe Talia from On3 just had something come out about Zakiyah saying they believe she is leaning towards leaving the state right now which is interesting to me.

Reaction Score
Don’t quote me on this but I believe Talia from On3 just had something come out about Zakiyah saying they believe she is leaning towards leaving the state right now which is interesting to me.
Kim is working her butt off this year after basically taking last year off on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
No UConn recruiting connection at this time. Thus, posted on the General Board.

The 6-1 guard/Wing is being actively and aggressively recruited by her home state schools of Kentucky and Louisville which she has visited unofficially several times and may have made an official visit to Louisville already. Scheduled to visit LSU on first weekend in September.

Other finalists are SCar, U$C and Notre Dame.
I doubt she's seriously considering UConn but she does have an offer.

Reaction Score

IMG_6188.jpeg

Reaction Score

I said no UConn interest "at this time." UConn may have offered in the past, but is not listed as one of her "finalists" and, more importantly perhaps, she does not have a thread on the UConn wbb recruiting board.

I do not create threads for prospects, on this General board, if they have a thread on our host's UConn recruiting board. Don't know if it's a rule, but I think it might be or perhaps could/should be.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The Recruiting Update on McGraw's Bench has two guards from the Class of 2025 (that we know about) as still actively in the "mutual interest" category: Ms. Johnson and Deniya Prawl. The Irish are finalists for both.

As many of you know, forward Leah Macy -- another resident of Kentucky -- committed to Notre Dame. Macy knows Johnson well, from AAU days and both just played on the U.S.A. u-18 International Team, of which ND Coach Niele Ivey was an assistant coach.
Hoping that familiarity counts for something and that Ms. Johnson will make her way up to Notre Dame for a football weekend. Who knows? Louisville is visiting South Bend Sept. 28th. Stay tuned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom