2024 UConn Football Commit - Shamar Porter (Ensworth, Tennessee) | The Boneyard

2024 UConn Football Commit - Shamar Porter (Ensworth, Tennessee)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is a bit of a surprise...we didn't really get many transfers like this until now.

Long reach, a lot of solid straight line speed...excited to see what he brings in 2024, but particularly in 2025.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
He didn't seem to have much action last year per the stats on ESPN. Still, decent height...I hope he can catch the ball and get some yardage.

Reaction Score
This is a bit of a surprise...we didn't really get many transfers like this until now.

Long reach, a lot of solid straight line speed...excited to see what he brings in 2024, but particularly in 2025.
Yeah think this is definitely one with half an eye on future. Buckman and Sheffield with 1 year left and Bell and Gathings with 2. Exciting get hopefully we hold on for a couple of years

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yes, yes and yes. A big receiver with size. Someone who commands the defense's attention. Hopefully he can use that size to block on the edge too. UConn's WR's have been awful at trying to block for run plays and WR screens.

Reaction Score
High School
• A four-star wide receiver by 247 Sports and On3.com
• Ranked as the No. 29 wide receiver in the country and No. 5 in Tennessee according to the On3 Consensus
• A four-year starter for head coach Roc Batten
• Named first-team All-State after totaling 32 catches for 557 yards and a team-high 10 touchdowns in 10 games as a senior
• Averaged 17.4 yards per catch
• Earned U.S. Army Bowl All-America honors
• Named to the 2022 Division II-AAA West All-Region Team
• Led the Tigers to a 7-4 record in the regular season and an appearance in the state quarterfinals
• Caught 33 passes for 495 yards and seven scores as a junior despite missing the final two games with injury
• Named to The Tennessean’s 2022 Dandy Dozen
• Also excelled in track and field as a sprinter, running 10.87 in the 100-meter dash
• Chose Kentucky over Georgia, Tennessee and Ole Miss

Reaction Score

Wow, we are lucky to get a kid like him. Mora continues to play the portal like a violin. As I have stated in a prior post, the portal is the best thing ever that has happened to UConn football.

Reaction Score
He seems to have had a fair number of injuries that have impacted his career. We haven't had the best luck with injuries among high-potential players. Hopefully, he can overcome this trend and avoid a similar fate to players like Cam Ross, Marrion, and others.

Reaction Score
I’m a D’Amelio guy
Out of curiosity, how come? Not saying Marc's collective doesn't add value and the work he's doing isn't important. But curious as to why you would pick one over the other?

D'Amelio collective (as far as I can tell) doesn't provide $ to student athletes directly. They help build their brands while providing them with exclusive experiences and access (dinners, courtside seats, etc).

BBFG is putting dollars in the athletes pockets directly while ALSO doing good in the community. The athletes get paid to do community service, outreach and appearances.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, how come? Not saying Marc's collective doesn't add value and the work he's doing isn't important. But curious as to why you would pick one over the other?

D'Amelio collective (as far as I can tell) doesn't provide $ to student athletes directly. They help build their brands while providing them with exclusive experiences and access (dinners, courtside seats, etc).

BBFG is putting dollars in the athletes pockets directly while ALSO doing good in the community. The athletes get paid to do community service, outreach and appearances.

D'Amelio Collective Athletes get paid through the D'Amelio Collective as well. I was not aware D'Amelio had the $5/month subscription option until this morning and signed up right after seeing the message from @Dream Jobbed 2.0.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score

Dream Jobbed is just being sassy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was the original plan, but now they do pay an NIL directly to Connecticut athletes in several different sports.

Reaction Score
Breaking 11.0 with electronic timing is pretty good.

Saw Byron Jones run track 20 times. Good 220m kid. Two star. Didn’t turn out badly.
Yes, 10.87=top 50 US(hs) as of today. Very solid. Coach Moore was 10.62hs(2.8w)

Byron was a long strong sprinter 22/48 200/400
Probably not much track coaching at St Pauls

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc