2024 Summer Camp loading… | The Boneyard

2024 Summer Camp loading…

Reaction Score
Learn to tackle before the season starts. No more NC State tackling debacles.
Sure tackling was a hallmark of Edsall I teams, he had Orlando and Hughes(I believe at the same time). Isn't Mora a defensive guy? Maybe Brock will reinforce fundamentals. In any case, your complaint speaks to lack of teaching, or accepting of poor technique.

Reaction Score
I would hate to have to tackle these days .. way too many restrictions. Can’t go high, can’t put your head anywhere near a player, backs allowed to put their head down and go down hill but you can’t and have go to their feet instead, no launching… modified flag football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Learn to tackle before the season starts. No more NC State tackling debacles.
Yes please. It would be a pleasure not to scream "WRAP HIM UP!" at the television.

Reaction Score
In every game we have to assume the calls will not going our way. We don’t have any conference affiliations and the refs know we won’t control their next paycheck.

Knowing this, my hope is we can start controlling the line of scrimmage on both ends of the ball whenever possible. Play better in the 2nd half than the first. Tackle better. Have a QB that isn’t afraid of contact and runs to open up the game. Have receivers that get some separation.

I want team that is to be reckoned with both at home and on the road. No more folding up like cheap lawn chairs.

We all know what this looks like but it’s been a long, long time since we’ve seen it at UConn. When we beat a ranked team in Houston a decade or so ago, that was the last time I’ve seen it - hopefully this year will be a turning point.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it because I don’t want to kill the mojo, but Jim Mora is quietly putting together one tough team. He has the players and he finally has his coaching staff. I wonder if someone besides Mora is helping recruit these kids? Yes, there is the portal and NIL, but still.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it because I don’t want to kill the mojo, but Jim Mora is quietly putting together one tough team. He has the players and he finally has his coaching staff. I wonder if someone besides Mora is helping recruit these kids? Yes, there is the portal and NIL, but still.
There’s clearly a shift in who we can get. I’m thinking it’s NIL along with the new coordinators being better closers. Quaility recruits incoming on both sides of the ball. It can’t be any one guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom