2024 Recruiting: Billy Richmond | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Billy Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All I have to say is that the University of University of Connecticut would be a great choice for this young man.

Reaction Score
Hurley and his staff, LOVES recruiting risers...

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 5.56.02 PM.png

Gotta love it!

Kansas just offered also.

So does this offer mean the staff is not confident with Nowell?

Not at all. Nowell is a PG, Richmond is a SG.

Reaction Score
Hurley and his staff, LOVES recruiting risers...

View attachment 89063

Gotta love it!

Not at all. Nowell is a PG, Richmond is a SG.
Thanks for the clarification. Zagoria's tweet above calling him a PG threw us off. So it seems that Richmond would be more in the mix with Swartz for SG then. Feels like guard will be a big need with Newton, Spencer and probably Castle gone after next year. That would leave us with only Ball as a starting caliber guard returning next year.

Reaction Score

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Sounds like a 50’s Jazzist
“Take ‘em for a walk, Billy…”

goes absolutely nuts on an alto sax solo

In all honesty, I'd never heard of this man 2 minutes ago. Gotta love Google.

EDIT: Do not watch video, not a stitch of Jazz in it but he did play with the greats in the 50's and 60's.

Reaction Score
FWIW I think this one's probably a longshot. Kentucky and others offers months ago. We are late to the party. But I watched all the highlights I could--no full games... so these thoughts are incomplete.

Maybe 6'6 200lbs. Great athlete and strong with long arms. Super physical under the rim. Right-hand slasher and can finish with both hands. Flashes of nice body control in the air. Seems to be an aggressive defender. Has some really nice passing reads. Plays for a very good high school team at Camden.

Not a very good shooter and can't really dribble with his left hand.

You all know I am skeptical about recruiting anyone who can't shoot except a center, but this one seems like a reasonable exception. His form is fine and relatively repeatable, so I think it will come along. Couple that with the physical attributes, toughness, defense, etc, and I understand the offer. Expect Richmond, Abraham, and Howard to compete for the same scholarship probably.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We recruiting any other pure SG’s other than Swartz? Would be nice to get him on campus.

Reaction Score
We recruiting any other pure SG’s other than Swartz? Would be nice to get him on campus.

Bethea might be it and I don't think we're really in the running for him.

Reaction Score
FWIW I think this one's probably a longshot. Kentucky and others offers months ago. We are late to the party. But I watched all the highlights I could--no full games... so these thoughts are incomplete.

Maybe 6'6 200lbs. Great athlete and strong with long arms. Super physical under the rim. Right-hand slasher and can finish with both hands. Flashes of nice body control in the air. Seems to be an aggressive defender. Has some really nice passing reads. Plays for a very good high school team at Camden.

Not a very good shooter and can't really dribble with his left hand.

You all know I am skeptical about recruiting anyone who can't shoot except a center, but this one seems like a reasonable exception. His form is fine and relatively repeatable, so I think it will come along. Couple that with the physical attributes, toughness, defense, etc, and I understand the offer. Expect Richmond, Abraham, and Howard to compete for the same scholarship probably.
With Howard committing late July, do you think we just take him if he decides on us, or we wait for others to show out more?

Reaction Score
With Howard committing late July, do you think we just take him if he decides on us, or we wait for others to show out more?

Howard is the best of the wings that we're recruiting that I've watched a lot of. So yeah, you take the commit if you can.

Could be Richmond. Not enough info to say yet.

Reaction Score
Wow, recruiting sure has gotten more interesting. Our talent level has really been climbing. Hurley and staff are killing it.
The pieces are all there now. A national title and a great schedule next year. Continuity on the staff. A great league. A player drafted in the lottery and another in the second round. Great program tradition. Strides made in NIL. There’s no reason we can’t recruit with any other program.

Reaction Score
Billy Richmond, Camden
Richmond has made big strides in his game over the year which has lead to him jumping into the top 40 nationally. Richmond has a good frame, is a stout defender and an elite athlete. Richmond had multiple strong dunks and athletic finishes along with connecting with shots from the perimeter which he is developing.

Richmond was watched by Alabama head coach Nate Oats and has received new offers from Michigan and UConn this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom