2023 UConn Football Commit - Ray Eldridge (McDonald, PA) | The Boneyard

2023 UConn Football Commit - Ray Eldridge (McDonald, PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Ray Eldridge is a 6-4 310lb DL from McDonald PA attending Richmond (Transfer Portal w/ one year eligibility remaining). Other offers from Ball State, Eastern Illinois, Kent State, Sacramento State, Samford, Southern Illinois, Tennessee-Martin and WMU. Ray is on an official visit to Storrs currently.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Good size! He didn’t have many stats until last year when he had 33 tackles and 4.5 sacks. Looks like he wants to make the most of his last year of eligibility and contribute to a winning team on a bigger stage… welcome to UConn Ray!

Reaction Score
Welcome to the dog pound Ray!
1673242751265.gif

Reaction Score
Recent game film #93...All-CAA Defensive Tackle

Dude is a friggin beast and he usually gets doubled, he also has a good motor and great speed for someone his size. He should be a huge addition to the D-Line.

Reaction Score
Off those highlights, what might have been most impressive aspect was his pursuit of the ball downfield. Not that I want him to have to do that a lot, but it definitely shows his motor and commitment to playing to/through the whistle.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
He fits in with Dalmont and Jelani Stafford. Not sure what this means for Sokoya or Jori Benson but it gives Passmore and whoever else are young DTs time to develop.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

You can already hear how this kid might end up a color guy at CBSsn doing G5 games 10 years from now. It just has a natural affinity for football and the stuff that a broadcast needs to work.

Great listen...worth the time all the way to the end.

My takeaways:
1) Has NFL aspirations.
2) Often played 70 snaps at Richmond last year and I don't think he said it per se, but I think he is looking forward to rotating to stay fresher and be more effective.
3) From Pittsburgh- has Pitt pride and played on a HS that never lost. Blue collar guy.
4) Known Noah Platt-Tallerico forever...at least since the 4th grade.
5) Loved our schedule - it was a draw.
6) Loved the idea of playing for Coach Mora, an NFL guy.
7) Mora says we play an NFL defense in that we change our scheme each week to match the opponent.
8) Sounds like he didn't get much DL coaching at Richmond, looking forward to what the UConn staff can do for him.
9) He is ready to be UConn proud - we got a good guy here - will represent us well on and off the field.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
7) Mora says we play an NFL defense in that we change our scheme each week to match the opponent.
8) Sounds like he didn't get much DL coaching at Richmond, looking forward to what the UConn staff can do for him.
I loved reading five through eight. It undercuts the whole “being independent hurts our ability to recruit” argument.

Reaction Score
You can already hear how this kid might end up a color guy at CBSsn doing G5 games 10 years from now. It just has a natural affinity for football and the stuff that a broadcast needs to work.

Great listen...worth the time all the way to the end.

My takeaways:
1) Has NFL aspirations.
2) Often played 70 snaps at Richmond last year and I don't think he said it per se, but I think he is looking forward to rotating to stay fresher and be more effective.
3) From Pittsburgh- has Pitt pride and played on a HS that never lost. Blue collar guy.
4) Known Noah Platt-Tallerico forever...at least since the 4th grade.
9) He is ready to be UConn proud - we got a good guy here - will represent us well on and off the field.
He mentioned money and what UConn has to offer. I wasn't sure if he was referring to NIL or facilities or both. Mentioned he had MAC and FCS offers but those schools really not competing with UConn on that front.

Reaction Score
He mentioned money and what UConn has to offer. I wasn't sure if he was referring to NIL or facilities or both. Mentioned he had MAC and FCS offers but those schools really not competing with UConn on that front.
Pretty sure he, by using the phrase "money', meant the resources for better facilities and amenities.

Agreed that he was a terrific interview. Could see him being a regular on Bobby Wilson's podcast. He was upbeat, a good storyteller, and had really good self-awareness about himself and his skillsets.

He should play plenty of snaps this coming season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger