2023 spring roster tracker | The Boneyard

2023 spring roster tracker

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Updated roster tracker.

Notables:
-Project us at 75 scholarship players currently on the spring roster and 17 walk ons. Off the cuff, I think that is a good 6 to 10 more scholarship players than in many past springs which is very good as it ought to allow us to push a little harder and not wear guys down as we can rotate units.
-Project 11 more scholarship kids coming over the summer which will put us at 86, which is one over. Needless to say, after spring ball we should expect a few more players to leave allowing for a few more additions as kids weight their futures.
-Overall I think this is a very solid roster with layers at each position. If we can take the QB play up one little notch we ought to have a season on par with last year. The defensive might even be better considering the vets we have at the DL position and improving play at the DB position.
-FYI tab 2 is an attempt to visualize a depth chart, take it with a large grain of salt.

Reaction Score
T. Pommachanh is still with the program, however his is not partaking in Spring activities.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
T. Pommachanh is still with the program, however his is not partaking in Spring activities.

Yes, thanks.

Not sure how to really interpret the messaging from the program because at the same time they removed his bio from the online roster.

If he returns to the program as an active player and/or we get some information that confirms he will be here this fall I will certainly make the update to add him back to my schedule.

I have been sort of waiting on a bit more for this situation.

Reaction Score
Yes, thanks.

Not sure how to really interpret the messaging from the program because at the same time they removed his bio from the online roster.

If he returns to the program as an active player and/or we get some information that confirms he will be here this fall I will certainly make the update to add him back to my schedule.

I have been sort of waiting on a bit more for this situation.
It could be that he is finishing up the spring semester before he enters the portal so that he can keep his scholarship. Remember, once you enter the portal, the school does not have to honor his scholarship.

Reaction Score
Wording suggests academic ineligibility. If he didn't want to play spring ball here, as a QB he almost certainly would have entered the portal after last season and tried to get enrolled somewhere else.

But I don't know anything -- that's just an assumption.

Reaction Score
It could be that he is finishing up the spring semester before he enters the portal so that he can keep his scholarship. Remember, once you enter the portal, the school does not have to honor his scholarship.
Thought once semester starts can't take away current semester scholarship.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yes, that was my initial thought, but then again, I also thought they changed the rules and now a school must keep you on scholarship through the end of the semester. Regardless, I suspect there is some sort of scholarship/benefits/credits/support component to the situation.

In the meantime, I changed my notation on him to be "Hiatus" - but also excluded from the total for now. If he returns to the team this summer then we are two over the scholarship limit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There’s a small window, I believe if you enter before the spring semester starts, schools do not have to honor your scholarship, but if you’re enrolled for the spring semester and still in school when the semesters starts then you can enter your name through the portal and schools have to honor your scholarship.
Yes, that was my initial thought, but then again, I also thought they changed the rules and now a school must keep you on scholarship through the end of the semester. Regardless, I suspect there is some sort of scholarship/benefits/credits/support component to the situation.

In the meantime, I changed my notation on him to be "Hiatus" - but also excluded from the total for now. If he returns to the team this summer then we are two over the scholarship limit.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Any update on where we currently sit with the movement of the last month? Curious how many spots we have left

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Any update on where we currently sit with the movement of the last month? Curious how many spots we have left
We are now even on scholarships. We were plus two before Marion and Turner left. We have made many offers late the last few days so presumably a couple more departures are ahead.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We are now even on scholarships. We were plus two before Marion and Turner left. We have made many offers late the last few days so presumably a couple more departures are ahead.

There will always be a few departures after end of spring practice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom